Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meal in Skerries

Options
  • 01-11-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

My partner and I are going for a meal tonight and we have decided to go to Skerries but we dont know where is good?

We havent decided on what type of food we would like as yet but are just looking for recommendations..

Where do you all go in Skerries??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

in Balbriggan????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Popular name. There's a Harvey's in Skerries too. It's attached to the Coast.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Weird, harveys was closed. The doors were locked :confused:

We ended up going to Stoops.. Then my partner spent most of the early morning in the bathroom vomiting up everything he ate :mad:

He had the garlic mushrooms and the fresh cod.. Dont think we'll be going there in a hurry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

We ended up going to Stoops.. Then my partner spent most of the early morning in the bathroom vomiting up everything he ate :mad:

He had the garlic mushrooms and the fresh cod.. Dont think we'll be going there in a hurry...

Thats brutal, but dont let that put you of Stoops, Ive been many times and it ways always good. Maybe your fella had a bug.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

a day late but I'd highly recommend Paparazzi!!!! :) I'm living in balbriggan but head to Skerries for italian!!!!

cathy01 wrote: »
    in Balbriggan????
    Did you read the thread?

You'd need the patience of a saint sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Im very surprised to hear that as Stoops has a very good reputation with the locals and from a far. :confused:

There is another place on the Harbour if your ever in the area again called the Life Boat, very good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Thats brutal, but dont let that put you of Stoops, Ive been many times and it ways always good. Maybe your fella had a bug.:(

No I seriously doubt that. He was fine all day, had nothing to drink alcohol wise and then woke up with severe cramps and then ran to the bathroom, and stayed there for ages.

Went to the local doc this morning and said it was food poisioning...

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Did you read the thread?

You'd need the patience of a saint sometimes.

Bluetonic, totally unnecessary. The attitude is wearing thin with the regulars here and I would suggest you give it up.

Northdubgal, that sucks. I was in Stoops once and it was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 PepePareja

I've been to Stoops a number of times and I find it to be great.

As regards the food poisoning, I once jumped to conclusions about a restaurant giving me food poisoning - in Skerries too as it happens - when I reported it to the Food safety authority, they asked me to recall everything I had eaten for the previous 48 hours. It ends up I had eaten in a dodgy takeaway in Dublin the day before my meal in Skerries and that was the true source.

So, it may not be fair to blame Stoops outright like that without further consideration. They may well be innocent.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Bluetonic, totally unnecessary. The attitude is wearing thin with the regulars here and I would suggest you give it up.
    Their was absolutely no attitude in my response. It was a responsive comment, and a justified one at that.

Do you think it's thats far fetched for someone to click the link that's presented to them before they respond off the cuff?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Their was absolutely no attitude in my response.

Do you think it's thats far fetched for someone to click the link that's presented to them before they respond off the cuff?

The posters mistake was pointed out to her, your post was unnecessary.
    "You'd need the patience of a saint sometimes" was insulting and not necessary. It's possible the poster didn't cop that it was a link.

On thread is not the place for this, but a bit of civility wouldn't go astray.

Now back on-topic.

Advertisement