Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A:Ranieri plays down Juventus resurgence

• 01-11-2008 5:55pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

uventus coach Claudio Ranieri is not ready to declare his club's crisis over despite their third consecutive win on Wednesday night.

Veteran midfielder Pavel Nedved scored twice as Juve beat newly-promoted Bologna 2-1.

However, the win only lifts Juve to ninth - a sign of their early-season struggles - and Ranieri is not getting carried away.

"We were in the dark and now we are coming out," said Ranieri.

"But it's not over, we are slowly seeing the light."

Wednesday's victory followed their 2-1 success against Real Madrid in the Champions League last week and Saturday's narrow 1-0 win over Torino.

Despite their recent good run, Ranieri believes his team have plenty of room for improvement.

"We need to press on the accelerator and improve," he said. "We are on the right path but there is still some way to go."

Juve host struggling Roma on Saturday before travelling to the Spanish capital to face Real Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008
    Time Home Away VENUE
    17:00 UK Reggina v Inter Milan Stadio Oreste Granillo
    19:30 UK Juventus v Roma Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino
    Sunday, November 2, 2008
    Time Home Away VENUE
    14:00 UK Atalanta v Lecce Stadio Azzurri D`Italia
    14:00 UK Cagliari v Bologna Sant'Elia
    14:00 UK Lazio v Catania Calcio Olimpico
    14:00 UK Palermo v Chievo Verona Renzo Barbera
    14:00 UK Sampdoria v Torino Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    14:00 UK Siena v Fiorentina Artemio Franchi Montepaschi Arena
    14:00 UK Udinese v Genoa Friuli
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Napoli Giuseppe Meazza

Inter kicking off in 5 mins

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ROME, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Ivan Cordoba thrashed in a stoppage-time goal to give Inter Milan a 3-2 win at bottom club Reggina on Saturday, sending the champions top of Serie A after they had surrendered a two-goal lead.

Inter looked to be cruising when goals by Brazilian defender Maicon and France midfielder Patrick Vieira put them 2-0 up inside 24 minutes.

But Francesco Cozza resuscitated Reggina in the 34th with a powerful strike from the edge of the area and Franco Brienza equalised with another long-range effort eight minutes after the break.

Inter have 21 points from 10 games, one more than Napoli, who visit fourth-placed AC Milan on Sunday, and Udinese, who entertain Genoa.

Strugglers AS Roma visit Juventus later on Saturday.

Inter coach Jose Mourinho fielded an attack-minded lineup with strikers Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli supported by Mancini and Ricardo Quaresma on the wings.

It paid dividends early on with Maicon sprinting into the area to smash home a sweet pass from Ibrahimovic and Vieira firing through Reggina keeper Andrea Campagnolo's legs.

But the hosts roared back and Inter looked set to be held again after two drab goalless draws against Genoa and Fiorentina when Cordoba scored following a corner.

A win is a win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Tight tight tight!

Juventus 1 - 0 Roma at half time. A Del Piero special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

JPA wrote: »

He must have studied ronaldo's technique in the off season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Trippie wrote: »

hope thats sarcasm ^^

whomping goal. love that guy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You mean Ronaldo's straight run up, hitting the ball with the last 3 toes, no direction or accuracy just like roberto carlos?

Del hit it with the outside of his big toe, the way I hit frees. there's a lot more accuracy but you lose some power.

Beckham uses that technique too.

• Advertisement

Of 330 career goals for Ronaldo, I don't ever remember seeing him score from a free kick.

Jazzy wrote: »
    hope thats sarcasm ^^

whomping goal. love that guy
    Seaneh wrote: »
    You mean Ronaldo's straight run up, hitting the ball with the last 3 toes, no direction or accuracy just like roberto carlos?

Del hit it with the outside of his big toe, the way I hit frees. there's a lot more accuracy but you lose some power.

Beckham uses that technique too.
    nipplenuts wrote: »
    Of 330 career goals for Ronaldo, I don't ever remember seeing him score from a free kick.

lol to say the least lads

Ronaldo has 330 league goals? Couldnt have

96 is all i can see
    MILAN, Nov 2 (Reuters) - Udinese moved joint top of Serie A with champions Inter Milan after substitute Fabio Quagliarella grabbed a 2-2 draw at home to Genoa on Sunday.

The club from the north-eastern town of Udine took an early lead but then let Genoa take control before the Italy forward netted with a clever flick 12 minutes from time.

Inter also have 21 points from 10 games after winning 3-2 at bottom side Reggina on Saturday thanks to Ivan Cordoba's stoppage time goal.

Napoli were looking to go two points clear at the top by beating fourth-placed AC Milan at the San Siro in Sunday's late game with Carlo Ancelotti's side having the chance to go one clear with a victory.

Fiorentina, without the suspended Alberto Gilardino, slipped back after allowing midfielder Houssine Kharja to head in a corner and give Siena a 1-0 win in the Tuscan derby.

Lazio climbed up to fifth after Pasquale Foggia's goal five minutes from the end sealed a deserved 1-0 win over fast-sinking Catania, who had been among the early pacesetters.

In another standout game, Cagliari beat Bologna 5-1 to leave the promoted side's coach Daniele Arrigoni clinging to his job.

Udinese, seventh last season under highly-rated coach Pasquale Marino, took a risk in leaving tired Italy forwards Antonio Di Natale and Quagliarella on the bench but were soon in front through Gaetano D'Agostino's penalty.

Attack-minded Genoa pushed hard for an equaliser and deservedly levelled when Diego Milito netted a spot kick before Giuseppe Sculli's fierce strike put them ahead midway through the second half.

Quagliarella had the last word, however, as regular UEFA Cup campaigners Udinese, one of the best run clubs in Italy, continue to show that success can be achieved without a vast budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Lads can someone tell me how Ronaldinho is playing at Ac Milan these days?

Bill wrote: »
    Lads can someone tell me how Ronaldinho is playing at Ac Milan these days?

OK. Scoring some goals too

Is he alot fitter Kearnsr?

Bill wrote: »
    Is he alot fitter Kearnsr?

He seems to be. He's not his old best and apperantley he is out parting with Adrian (they say they were drinking water) so I think there is still abit to go for him

kearnsr wrote: »
    Ronaldo has 330 league goals? Couldnt have

96 is all i can see

I said career goals, kearnsr, I didn't check league goals. BTW, he got an offer from Lecce, I think, to play, based purely on goals bonus. His recovery seems to be near complete.

I said career goals, kearnsr, I didn't check league goals. BTW, he got an offer from Lecce, I think, to play, based purely on goals bonus. His recovery seems to be near complete.

Ah wrong Ronaldo

The offer was from Sienna.

Contract of 2k a month (minimum allowd from professionals in Italy) and 80k per goal bonus.

• Advertisement

Milan Top of Serie A for the first time in four years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Some free kick, Del Piero has an unreal record with them. Almost a peach of an overhead from Amauri too

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan Top of Serie A for the first time in four years!

there were spells when they played some sick good football but just couldnt get the ball in the back of the net. However unlike the way they normally pass it about for fun there seemed an overall urgency to the team that hasnt been there for a very long time so its looking good

What was the score in the Milan game and anyone got the goals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It was 1-0 after an 87th minute own goal. Felt really sorry for Napoli, reduced to 10 men they played really admirably

Ah balls oh well. Napoli mustnt have been this high in years.

Advertisement