Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very basic/general info wanted on Satnav

Options
  • 01-11-2008 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi

Thinking of buying the girlfriend a Satnav. I personally wouldn't like one as I think they'd take my concentration off doing to actual driving. But she's mentioned before that she'd love one so I think I'll get her one.

Anyway, I haven't got a clue what's available. I've heard there are two main models - TomTom and Garmin. I remember friends of mine joking that the Garmin were more for girls. I don't know why. Maybe they're easier to use or come in pink or something. (She'd actually like that though).

I've looked online and there is a large range of prices.

I suppose I'd pay up to 250 if it was worth it. (i.e if the price differential between that and the cheapo models could be justified).

She's not too technically minded, so one that's easy to use would be better.

I've seen that there are bluetooth models available and I presume that these allow the unit to act as a "hands-free" kit. The site I looked at hadn't got her particular phone listed as being supported though.

She's not going to be driving in the UK or Europe or the US. Only really around Dublin and a bit down the country.

And if I did get one, what accessories would I need. Do I have to buy extra external speakers or holders or anything. I've seen recommendations to buy an AC power adaptor and a carry case anyway.

I'd be greatful of any recommendations or pointers to what I should be looking for. And also pointers towards places/sites that give the best deals!

Thanks
    Tagged:

Advertisement