Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Waterford and Parking in Waterford City

• 01-11-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey peeps,
    I'm heading to Waterford Monday for a meeting at 5.30 near Gracedieu road. Hope to get there about and hour before that to set up etc.
    How long does it take to drive to Waterford from the Red Cow? and when does pay parking on street stop?haven't seen any multi story car parks near by online.

Any info greatly appreciated!
    S

PS i'll need a coffee after so any suggestions of a nice place near by also welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a multi story car park in that area - run by Aldi. Its €5 for the day I believe. Other then that, you pay per hour with on street parking which I believe stops at 6? You could go into the City Center for the coffee, we have a thread on where is good to go here.

Will take about 2hours 18mins to get from the Red Cow to Gracedieu Road according to Google - not taking into account the heavy construction work on entering Waterford.

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Hi

the drive from the red cow shoould take about 2.5 hours....i'd reccomend coming down the coast road though...most people think its an easier drive.

hers a map showing the multistorey in relation to gracedieu road.but if your meeting is at the top of the road you'd be better off with on street parking nearer to the meeting. it'd be a bit of a walk up.

not sure about the hours of pay parking but i think they end around 6-6:30pm

theres not really a cafe up around that area of the town so you might be better off stopping into a local pub

there is a supervalue at the end of gracedieu which you would prob be alright parking there if your meeting isn't till half 5...they do have a parking attendant checking cars (pay parking) but he prob knocks off at 5:30....so if your paid up till about 6-6.30 i reckon you'll be ok. i think he's just there to deter people from parking there from 9am for the day..if ya get me

Gracedieu is a long road so might be handier if we knew a bit more info on where the meeting is... not being nosey dont need exact details..:D

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/TyphoonUTD/gracedieu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I wouldnt recommend the coast road AT ALL ... the new bypass makes the journey shorter coming down via kilkenny ... Trust me i do this once a week most weeks!! ARGH!!!
    Probably take 2.5 hours from the redcow, its an ok drive and the roads are good! Let the sat nav do the talking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

She Devil wrote: »
    I wouldnt recommend the coast road AT ALL ... the new bypass makes the journey shorter coming down via kilkenny ... Trust me i do this once a week most weeks!! ARGH!!!
    Probably take 2.5 hours from the redcow, its an ok drive and the roads are good! Let the sat nav do the talking :D

...mmm define good?

IMHO the roads south of Kilkenny/Carlow are cr*p and the sooner the M9 is up and running to replace this death trap of a road
    the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I used to prefer the coast road too, until the Carlow by-pass opened up, which takes a good 10-15 minutes off the journey at peak times. The roads around Thomastown are pretty bad yeah, but you can't say much for the road between New Ross and Enniscorthy either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement