Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: How did you spent Helloween?

Options
  • 01-11-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

A lot of my friends went to the pub to avoid the nuisance of kids knocking at their door. What did you do?

Poll: How did you spent Helloween? 10 votes

Lights off, courtain closed?
    0% 0 votes
    Lights on, not reacting to the door bell?
    30% 3 votes
    Lights on, dog going mad if door bell is ringing, opening door and releasing the mad dog?
    40% 4 votes
    Giving sweets to the wee ones?
    30% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

only had one trick or treater, disappointed, wanted to scare some kids.then headed out on the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I spent it in a pub with open fire and great guinness.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I made up goody bags the night before to give to the kids, but by the time I got home from work I had missed them. I had to go after one of the kids to give them sweets, I'd say she wasn't even two, had no idea why everyone was just handing her sweets, so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Spent the evening handing out sweets to trick-or-treaters :) and trying to calm my 3 dogs down (stupid fireworks):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Went out in town dressed up, wound up in Icon, normally hate the place but was good fun

• Advertisement

what u go as krud?

Indiana Jones, was good fun, although after the 6th time a drunk girl swiped my hat it got kinda tiresome,what is it with drunk people thinking anyone wearing a hat has to have it taken?

i know, its the "that hat HAS to be on my head!" syndrome that is keeping romanian gypsies in business for years now!

people kept grabbing my face or poking it to see what the deal was with my costume :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DavidLive

Strangely enough, no kids called to my house, or any of the locals.
    A lot of my friends and colleagues said the same thing.

i saw a frew groups around my estate, but only one girl called to my door. now i have 20 quids worth of lidls finest sweets to work through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DavidLive

zuroph wrote: »
    i saw a frew groups around my estate, but only one girl called to my door. now i have 20 quids worth of lidls finest sweets to work through.
    Same as myself...

... But myself and the girlfriend did polish off the sweets...

Still tons left over though...

... and it's all the crappy cheap ones!

:(

i know, its the "that hat HAS to be on my head!" syndrome that is keeping romanian gypsies in business for years now!

people kept grabbing my face or poking it to see what the deal was with my costume :(

Did you really burn the suit?or just rip holes in it? I know a few people who saw you around town and were all raving about it, great job, nice to see some effort in costumes instead of just the usual ones

burned it, spent an hour or so over the gas hob burning open holes, then tearing them bigger in places, and singeing the edges again. almost burned the house down when i turned my back on the shirt for a few seconds and it went up in flames (i thought i had put it out fully). :)

only came up with the idea on wednesday, so delighted it went so well :)

What was the face made out of?

liquid latex, painted on layer by layer, took about 2 hours. to cover off the hair I got a rubber highlighting cap, cut it in half, and trimmed the edges. i then pva glued that to my hair and face,along with hairclips, then painted on the first layer of latex clear. we built up lumps around eyebrow and cheeks with toilet tissue soaked in latex, and sped up the drying process with a hairdryer. we then added paints to the latex, and built up a few red layers, then added black facepaint to add charred look. we also crushed some cocopops to give it a level of crispyness!! final few layers had red, brown and black inks poured over it to fill up the "wounds" to make the dripping more realistic.

we took some video of the whole process, im sure we'll have it up on youtube soon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 whateverminger

liquid latex, painted on layer by layer, took about 2 hours. to cover off the hair I got a rubber highlighting cap, cut it in half, and trimmed the edges. i then pva glued that to my hair and face,along with hairclips, then painted on the first layer of latex clear. we built up lumps around eyebrow and cheeks with toilet tissue soaked in latex, and sped up the drying process with a hairdryer. we then added paints to the latex, and built up a few red layers, then added black facepaint to add charred look. we also crushed some cocopops to give it a level of crispyness!! final few layers had red, brown and black inks poured over it to fill up the "wounds" to make the dripping more realistic.

we took some video of the whole process, im sure we'll have it up on youtube soon. :)

WOW so much effort and it looked really cool saw you in Old Quarter, well done!! :)

thanks very much, i dont know how I'll ever top it now! thats the second time i won in old quarter, i won a few years ago for willie wonka!

did i meet u in old quarter? looking for some of the pics that were taken of me!! :)

thanks very much, i dont know how I'll ever top it now! thats the second time i won in old quarter, i won a few years ago for willie wonka!

did i meet u in old quarter? looking for some of the pics that were taken of me!! :)

You did, but I don't know you :rolleyes: You def deserved to win though!! Don't know how you can top that could do with some assistance for my costume next year :D Didn't take any pics sorry!! I'm sure some will pop up over the week...will let ya know if I see any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bandit197 wrote: »
    I spent it in a pub with open fire and great guinness.:cool:

same here. Cant bait a pub with an ould open fire and the beer flowing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

about 3 sets of kids came to my house :O kinda shocked tbh , went to town there after dressed up as ali g , trinity rooms sucked full of scum and was waaaaaaaaaay too packed

• Advertisement

You did, but I don't know you :rolleyes: You def deserved to win though!! Don't know how you can top that could do with some assistance for my costume next year :D Didn't take any pics sorry!! I'm sure some will pop up over the week...will let ya know if I see any!
    We'll have to see what movies come out during the year ;)

thanks very much :)

We'll have to see what movies come out during the year ;)

thanks very much :)

This guy added me on bebo yesterday - and a pic of you in his album haha :Dhttp://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3989544850

Don't know if you have this one already!! ;)
    http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=3989544850&PhotoId=9329847915&PhotoAlbumId=7617222664

ah i c, who r u on there?

yeah, that guy came second to me in there, he's on boards too. he's lifted that pic from my profile.

Ah right I'll keep an eye out for more anyway, well I don't know him at all like just thought it was pretty random that he added me :pac:

ya i was randomly added the other day too! although, my profile pic mustv been a giveaway!
    thanks! one or two i didnt have on there.

Advertisement