Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Remote Software and iTunes

• 01-11-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I have had a mac mini sitting at home for months, and haven't really bothered using it. I read somewhere a while back about using the iphone for controlling apple tv. I did a quick google search and found that you can also control itunes with it.

Anyway, today I decided to plug in the mac mini and give it a go. I connected the mac mini to my surround sound kit using a fibre optic cable. Then I downloaded the latest version of itunes and it immediately saw my iphone over wifi. I paired them up, and now my iphone works as a media remote.

It would work just as well with itunes on a pc.

I am easily impressed, but considering I had the mac mini sitting doing nothing, I know have a cool media solution for no extra cost.

Just thought I would let iphone (or itouch) users know how easy it is to setup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

The iphone works very well with itunes..............it is impressive!

I just wish someone would come out with a good app for Media Center in vista......

I think I would then get a 8Gb ipod touch just to use as a remote, and its a great little web browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

The iphone works very well with itunes..............it is impressive!

I just wish someone would come out with a good app for Media Center in vista......

I think I would then get a 8Gb ipod touch just to use as a remote, and its a great little web browser.

Why not just use iTunes?

Apart from watching live TV or listening to the radio, I think you could get the equivalent of everything else from the media centre using iTunes and the remote?

The main advantage that I have noticed is that I can leave the TV off and listen to, and control, music.

Advertisement