Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama a muslim?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

What difference does it make?

Edit: Also, get away from my avatar!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Why should it matter? We're looking for a president, not a pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Long lasting thread this I would say :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

If he were muslim, why would he have been attending the Reverend Wright's services?

NTM

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

MarkR wrote: »
    Why should it matter? We're looking for a president, not a pope.
    Sadly it will matter to a whole lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

jpfahy wrote: »

O' for gods sake! I didn't bother to look at the link provided.

If anyone still thinks he's a Muslim they are definitely not capable of doing their own research, except instead relying on uneducated, one-sided fools to spread propaganda.
    Morons out there, get a grip, get a brain and move on - O and by the way, I'm not a Muslim myself, not am I saying we all should be, but 90%+ of Muslims I do believe are decent peaceful honourable people.

Unless he is found to be supplying arms, support and/or money to a warring religion, he would still have my vote.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

He is Christian. It should not make any difference, just like what Powell said during his endorsement of Obama speech. But there are bigots that would change their vote if they believed this latest nonsense, in a campaign that is getting so ridiculous with Obama character assassinations that it would be poor copy for a Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Biggins wrote: »
    Morans out there, get a grip, get a brain and move on

Morons, not Morans. Moran is a surname.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Morons, not Morans. Moran is a surname.

Noted, corrected and the sentiment still applied to Morons.
    Sadly (but rightly I suppose) they too get to vote.

Go Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

jpfahy wrote: »

If I set up a blog saying he isn't, will you believe me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Who cares ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You can send a black guy or a woman to the highest office in the land but people still have a strange stigma over what religion you are. Christian seems to be the only one that will do. **** them. I wouldn't really care too much if Obama was a Muslim, I don't think it makes him dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Considering that Obama had been a member of a Pentecostal church in Chicago for 20 years prior to leaving it due to issues with his pastor, I'd assume he's Christian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement