Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie - Car Insurance - Are they ok?

Options
  • 01-11-2008 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Ok, I have a NCB of 5 years and drive a 07 Toyota Auris 1.4 and received by post a fairly (I thought) high renewal quote (down 5 euro from last year, aren't they kind!) from my usual insurance broker of E620 !

So I thought I'd look up the net to see what was on offer and got a quote of E280 from 123.ie, I couldn't believe it. Anyway, sent an email to them to ring me Tuesday morning to confirm all, which they did, and now I have gone ahead and paid the E280 for fully comp insurance.

Are they dodge ? Hope not. I am still awaiting all by post, is this a ploy? As it is edging nearer the date for my current policy to end.

Any opinions? There is a 14-day cooling off period. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

I've used them for the past three years without any problems, though I've never made a claim. Each year I've had a few hundred off the premium. I'm going to use insure.ie next time because I got an even cheaper quote from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

BreeVdK wrote: »
    Are they dodge ? Hope not.
    They are just a broker, who is the policy with?

Price alone isn't the only factor when considering car insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I used insure.ie for a quote for myself, hubby and 18 year old son. It came to 800 euro which was hundreds less than quotes I got elsewhere. The policy is with Axa. I think it might be called Family Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jimclub

hi,

As far as i'm aware they are a broker who only deal with a company called Travellers Insurance- though i've never heard of that insurance company before.

When your taking out insurance, everyone knows it's not the cheapest price you go with. Whenever i am arranging my insurance, it is always the best value for money and more importantly this year especially- a reliable company who dont have any chance going out of business.

The main reason you set up insurance is in the event of a claim that you will be fully reimbursed for any damages, that is how i rate an insurance company - how good they are in relation to claims.

Once you are with any of the top insurance companies, then there should be no problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

BreeVdK wrote: »
    Ok, I have a NCB of 5 years and drive a 07 Toyota Auris 1.4 and received by post a fairly (I thought) high renewal quote (down 5 euro from last year, aren't they kind!) from my usual insurance broker of E620 !

So I thought I'd look up the net to see what was on offer and got a quote of E280 from 123.ie, I couldn't believe it. Anyway, sent an email to them to ring me Tuesday morning to confirm all, which they did, and now I have gone ahead and paid the E280 for fully comp insurance.

Are they dodge ? Hope not. I am still awaiting all by post, is this a ploy? As it is edging nearer the date for my current policy to end.

Any opinions? There is a 14-day cooling off period. Thanks.

They're legit & I've used them before as a bargining tool.
    I know it's probably too late now but you should ring back your existing insurer informing them of your improved quote.
    Gauranteed they will attempt to match it, saves the paperwork :D.

My wife worked for years in insurances & those posted out renewals are always sky high. Reason being that Irish people dont complain & two thirds of people just sign the cheque :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement