Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCain will win?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

At what time (irish time) will the US networks call it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if the swing states come in quickly, then could be as early as 2/3 am. fivethirtyeight.com say

"Andrew Gelman of Columbia University has taken a recent set of our simulations to look at what may happen conditional on the outcomes of the first states to close their polls at 6 and 7 PM. The bottom line? If those states go roughly as expected (meaning, say, an Obama win in Virginia and a close race in Indiana), we can conclude with almost literal 100 percent certainty that Obama will win the election:"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

first results I think should start seeping out around 2am Irish time and exit poll results around 12am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Gonna trow my hat in the ring and call it for Mc Cain

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

starn wrote: »
    Gonna trow my hat in the ring and call it for Mc Cain

Waste of a good hat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Inquitus wrote: »
    Waste of a good hat!

i actually lolled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

I will eat my Neo-Con hat if Obama wins it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mumhaabu wrote: »
    I will eat my Neo-Con hat if Obama wins it.

There goes another hat wasted then. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

jonny72 wrote: »
    Just found this.. as to how the rest of the world thinks..

www.iftheworldcouldvote.com

If McCain wins, Sarah Palin will be the second most powerful person in the world...

Hardly. The VP has minimal powers (unless he is Cheney), and McCain would restrict her to photo ops because she is an idiot. And I wouldn't be sure that the President is the world's most powerful person - the US is the most powerful country but his power is hardly unfettered. Hu Jintao has a much more dictatorial power.

Advertisement