Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoca Chickpea Rolls

• 01-11-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there has the Avoca cook book with the Chickpea roll recipe. I love them but since my local branch (Bunratty) burnt down I can't easily get them anymore! If anyone have the recipe for these I would really appreciate it if you could post it up!

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

2 x 400g tins of chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
    100g feta, crumbled
    2 tablespoons semi-sundried tomatoes, well drained and chopped
    handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
    1 tablespoon of pesto
    1 roasted red pepper, deseeded skinned and chopped
    1 x A4-sized sheet of puff pastry
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 teaspoon poppy seeds
    1 teaspoon onion seeds

Preheat oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Blitz chickpeas so they are roughly puréed - you still want some texture. Combine with feta. sundried tomatoes,basil leaves, pesto,roasted red pepper and a seasoning of salt and pepper, taking care because feta can be quite salty.
    Spoon the mixture on to the sheet of pastry in a line 4cm in from the edge. Egg wash both sides and fold the pastry over, pressing down and in to remove any air pockets. Trim 1 cm off the edges, so you have a sharp edge but don't run the risk of it coming loose. Cut inot 4 'sausage rolls'. With a sharp knife, cut 2 or 3 slits in each so you can just see the mixture beneath.
    Lightly egg wash the top and sprinkle over the seeds. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Advertisement