Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOOHOO! \o/

Options
  • 01-11-2008 8:56pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

That is all :D

I'm in a band that consists almost entirely of 'Pool fans. I'm sooooo happy with the result. Doubly so cause the goonars lost :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Kharn wrote: »
    That is all :D

I'm in a band that consists almost entirely of 'Pool fans. I'm sooooo happy with the result. Doubly so cause the goonars lost :)
    ****in yesssss.brilliant,
    enjoy your music tonight :D:D:D:D

Go on stoke cityyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Before we all get carried away with Stoke beating ARSEnal - I would like to point out that Stoke are very much one of our closest rivals right now, and we need (whomever it is) to be beating the likes of Stoke, Bolton, Newcastle, Fulham, Wigan etc - Stoke and Bolton's glorious wins, put us back down to second from Bottom, and if Newcastle win tonight, we are bottom of the table again. It is time to think with you heads not your hearts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

John W wrote: »
    Before we all get carried away with Stoke beating ARSEnal - I would like to point out that Stoke are very much one of our closest rivals right now, and we need (whomever it is) to be beating the likes of Stoke, Bolton, Newcastle, Fulham, Wigan etc - Stoke and Bolton's glorious wins, put us back down to second from Bottom, and if Newcastle win tonight, we are bottom of the table again. It is time to think with you heads not your hearts!

Relegation fears are over John. Were only 6 pts off everton who are in 7th place. Its onwards and upwards for us. 4 pts taken v arsenal and pool and think we won't be meeting those teams every week! reckon we'll finish comfortably in mid table after our shocker of a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

BERBA wrote: »
    Relegation fears are over John. Were only 6 pts off everton who are in 7th place. Its onwards and upwards for us. 4 pts taken v arsenal and pool and think we won't be meeting those teams every week! reckon we'll finish comfortably in mid table after our shocker of a start.

Whilst I am now more optimistic about getting out of the relegation zone, I would say that counting our chickens too early would be a mistake.

You have to bear in mind that players automatically raise their game when playing the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U etc. Remember we also got a credible draw away to Chelsea amidst the shambolic start to the season.

We need to focus on winning the bread and butter games and that means winning our home games and getting results away to teams like the Boltons & Wigans of this world. If we pick up points against the 'big four' then it's a bonus.

As John pointed out, we also need the 5 or 6 teams directly above us to start losing or drawing with each other.

Looking at our next 4 EPL games:
    Man City (A)
    Fulham (A)
    Blackburn (H)
    Everton (H)
    If we can pick up 8 or 9 points from these fixtures then we'll definitely be on the road to recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

RichMc70 wrote: »

Whilst I am now more optimistic about getting out of the relegation zone, I would say that counting our chickens too early would be a mistake.

You have to bear in mind that players automatically raise their game when playing the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U etc. Remember we also got a credible draw away to Chelsea amidst the shambolic start to the season.

We need to focus on winning the bread and butter games and that means winning our home games and getting results away to teams like the Boltons & Wigans of this world. If we pick up points against the 'big four' then it's a bonus.

As John pointed out, we also need the 5 or 6 teams directly above us to start losing or drawing with each other.

Man City (A)
    Fulham (A)
    Blackburn (H)
    Everton (H)
    If we can pick up 8 or 9 points from these fixtures then we'll definitely be on the road to recovery.

Thanks for the agreement mate - I would agree, these next 4 games are far more important games than the last 2 wins (in the big scheme of things). IF, we can get 7 points from these I will be convinced that we are on the road to recovery, however until then I remain, guarded. AND I still want all the teams up and around us to loose every week, even if it means that ARSE, Spammers and the like are beating them!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

RichMc70 wrote: »

Man City (A)
    Fulham (A)
    Blackburn (H)
    Everton (H)

God I would be hoping for 10-12 points out of that TBH, Man City are desperate lately but are to be somewhat feared.

I would be Happy though if we managed 7/8 that would give us 14/15 points out of the 7 games since harry took us over. Dont think any of us would have complianed with that after the stoke game,

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

'We are the self-preservation society' :pac:

John W wrote: »
    the barcodes won 2-0...as of now we are bottom again.:(:(

Advertisement