Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

we beat the pool

Options
  • 01-11-2008 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

don't know how we did it but we beat the pool 2-1.well done to the team for sticking at it until the very end again..happy as fcuk.:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

I am SICK, but credit to them as they seemed to believe in themselves a lot more in the last 20 mins. Anyway, nice one on your win. See ye at ANFIELD at the end of may.

L F C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I am SICK, but credit to them as they seemed to believe in themselves a lot more in the last 20 mins. Anyway, nice one on your win. See ye at ANFIELD at the end of may.

L F C
    Hope we can beat MANURE and do ye a favor at some stage.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

YE, HELP IS ALWAYS REQUIRED !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

7 points in a week, lovely!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

7 points in a week, lovely!:D

Absolutely, particularly when I wouldn't have expected much more than 1 if Ramos was still boss!! Unreal! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

If we are honest, the last 2 matches we should have lost but didn't. Yesterday we played a side who are the best I have seen this season and won. Hopefully we can look at the next batch of league matches with a lot more confidence.

I sincerely hope that anyone who left before the end on Wednesday didn't double up with same yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

I was at the game yesterday with my two brothers ( Both Pool Fans ) :rolleyes:

We were at the Liverpool end, they couldn't believe it when we got the second goal and blamed Raffa for his changes

I told him it was down to the changes made by " Our Arry"

Free beer all the way back to Dublin :p

Well done lad's for a great week :D Great fighting spirit and with some style too :)

The great escape is on through Harry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Great result yesterday. We rode our luck a little but after the way things have gone until this week, we deserved that luck. :D

Hopefully the confidence should be back with the players now and we can start working our way up the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

unexpected results alrite but what a bonus onwards and upwards from here,at least were playing until the last minute under Harry would not have happened with Ramos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Another mental game. Should have been 3 down inside 60min
    So happy to beat Liverpool. Been a long time (Jan 04 I think).
    Onwards and upwards with Harry Hotspur !!

• Advertisement

Makes a nice change for us to be scoring late goals, it's been done to us so many times in the past....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Interesting quote from the time today:

BenÍtez was in a state of shock immediately after a match that Liverpool dominated and had not calmed down much by yesterday, describing Redknapp as a lucky manager. “It’s really difficult to explain how we could concede two goals and lose this game,” the Liverpool manager said. “Perhaps Harry should be a little bit embarrassed.

We should be embarrassed by the manner we beat liverpool?

More like liverpool should be embarrassed to not score with such a title winning team...

twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I watched the game on setanta and in fairness both team were wanting to win it in the last few minutes .Carragher must think he is jinxed against spurs .3 own goals ,1 home 2 away against same team :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Interesting quote from the time today:

BenÍtez was in a state of shock immediately after a match that Liverpool dominated and had not calmed down much by yesterday, describing Redknapp as a lucky manager. “It’s really difficult to explain how we could concede two goals and lose this game,” the Liverpool manager said. “Perhaps Harry should be a little bit embarrassed.

I'll be generous to him and say maybe a bit lost in translation (from the Spanish in his head to the English he speaks)

Otherwise, he's doing himself no favours there. Maybe he should be embarrassed that he gave us a life line back into the game by subbing Keane?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great Result again for the Boys,

I know on preformance Liverpool deserved to win, But its what the history books will show that matters in 20 years not who mplayed the better football.

I didn't see the game in full myself, Was keane Booed? Bently seems to be finally seems to be playing the way people say he can. I'm no lover of bent and Pav but if they keep knocking them in I'll be happy to call them a good partnership, I thought Bent did very very well for the goal.

We just have to replace Gomes, He seems to make a mistake every week, He did make a couple of good stops but I just cant see the keeper we need in him, I think that Green would be a very good signing.

Keane got booed ok but it was a small minority.but when he was taken off the spurs fans stood up and applauded him....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

absolutely unbelievable!!!!

i almost got barred from the unbarrable pub for constant abuse and taunts to scousers! being only one of 2 spurs fans it was great.

am still payi ngthe price from celebrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

still a pitty after the results we pulled out of the bag this last week and find ourselves bottom again! damn premier league!

Advertisement