Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With TLP Charger

Options
  • 01-11-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

So everybody knows this charger....the problem is as follows...

The charger is not charging the batteries, there is power getting to the charger as the power light does light up.
    However, pushing the the mode select button is having no effect.
    I can't find anything wrong with the button or the contact, I've also tested both fuses and both are workign fine.

Anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So everybody knows this charger....the problem is as follows...

The charger is not charging the batteries, there is power getting to the charger as the power light does light up.
    However, pushing the the mode select button is having no effect.
    I can't find anything wrong with the button or the contact, I've also tested both fuses and both are workign fine.

Anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

If its not changing then then its likely the battery connection is bad/broken. Red gives power. If you connect a pack you should get an additional green, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Try some silicone oil ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

If its not changing then then its likely the battery connection is bad/broken. Red gives power. If you connect a pack you should get an additional green, do you?

That's exactly it.
    I'm getting the red light, but not the green one.

When I connect a battery, it starts to make a noise, not the usual noise it should make, but a very faint buzzing (not whirring-as the fan doesn't engage) sound.

So the connection is a safe bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

Same thing happend to me. the charger looks functioning even making the beep sound then just an evening before the game i tried 1 of the batts and bwalla no charge at all.upon opening it smells a little burnt (finally after 1 yr of gamming and 10 batts everytime). solution i bought a new 1 from wgc. prolux charger around 100 euro plus postage . but right now my mainstay charger is the ansmann wall charger with tokyo marui discharger. serves me well charges 10 batts in 5 day/5 night straight before the game. no need to spend extra cash on chargers as long as you have the time to charge 8-10 hr per batt no need for a pulse/multi output charger.

Advertisement