Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far back can I reclaim vat?

• 01-11-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I registered for VAT in june last year and I absolutely forgot to reclaim Vat on a van I purchased abroad. If I bring the invoice to my accountant for the next Vat return, will it be accepted?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Unfortunaltely you got stung. You shouldnt have got charged VAT. Could chance your arm by going back to the dealer give them ur Vat number and make a stink how they should have zero rated the purchase and give the VAT back to you. Your accountant will know what thats about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

If you were charged VAT in a european country you would have to approach the authorities in that country and reclaim from them. therefore it would be the rules in force of that country.

Advertisement