Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU upgrade question

Options
  • 01-11-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I'm currently using a Dell Dimension 9150 as my main PC. It currently has a P4 630 installed

The chipset is an Intel i945. Would I be able to upgrade the CPU to a reasonable Core 2?

The reason I'm asking is that certain places in the house are starting to resemble computer graveyards and I don't really want to add another box to it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I'm nearly positive you would have to upgrade the motherboard for that also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Might be possible, you will have to research your motherboard a bit further, maybe update the BIOS, run CPU-Z to see what your exact spec is.

Have a read here for some ideas:
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/archive/index.php/t-729489.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nope, that board would accept c2d's or c2q's. New mobo is th eonly option im afraid :(

Advertisement