Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are We There Yet?

Options
  • 01-11-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,266 ✭✭✭✭

I've been following this for far too long and I just want it to be over. So I'm going to try and switch off until the 4th.

Now don't forget kids, those of you voting, to follow all the voting laws in your precinct, including not wearing visible campaign paraphenelia into the voting station. And, expect to be there a long time. I'm wondering if I shouldn't stop at Quiznos on the way over and pick up some sammiches (And a small coke - can't afford to have to pee in a 4 hour queue)

And then when its all done, get hammered, and follow the signs to the nearest election party.

But for now, I'm tired of watching campaign rallies where everyone spouts off the same rehearsed speech in 20 different cities. I think its time for a Die Hard marathon. Anyone with me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Heh. Overheal, I totally know whew you're coming from.

I missed work and christmas EXAMS to watch the early primaries; I still remember getting a text from my dad a few novembers ago saying 'Hillary announced! Get to a computer...' and thinking 'Oh yes, game on'. It's been a long journey for we election nerds.

I think Obama's lead recently has made it a bit less exciting than '04, but I'm still can't wait for election night: me, dad and a few beers.

The US elections: keeping families together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'm actually going to be sad when it's over. I think this is what people who like sports feel like when watching the Olympics...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I completely agree. I just can't wait for Wednesday morning to be here. Everytime I turn on sky or fox news they seem to be showing stump speeches, just the same thing every time and only so much I can take. There is nothing left other then the vote and the count and that's I need to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Overheal wrote: »

Now don't forget kids, those of you voting, to follow all the voting laws in your precinct, including not wearing visible campaign paraphenelia into the voting station. And, expect to be there a long time. I'm wondering if I shouldn't stop at Quiznos on the way over and pick up some sammiches (And a small coke - can't afford to have to pee in a 4 hour queue)

This is why I voted absentee this time around. I was watching CNN and they reported that some of the early voting waits were as long as 6-8 hours. No thanks! I mailed my absentee ballot in two weeks ago. The only drawback is that I don't get an "I voted" sticker. An ice cream parlour in my Massachusetts town is offering a free scoop of ice cream to anyone who comes in with an "I voted" sticker. Not only did I vote, but my vote went to a state that matters - Florida. I should get two scoops!
    I'm excited for Tuesday, but I'll also be really glad to be done of this whole thing. Once you vote, you just want to know the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,266 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Actually it seems Pennsylvania is the place to make your vote count in these final days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Overheal wrote: »
    Actually it seems Pennsylvania is the place to make your vote count in these final days.

When it comes to states that matter Florida > Massachusetts. We know how Mass will swing. It's kind of sad because every Mass voter I've spoken to over the past week is pretty disillusioned. I just want Florida to make me proud this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I vote for good sportmanship and the losing candidate congratulating the winner.

That way, everyone is a winner:D

Advertisement