Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA P2 Corporate Reporting Grinds

• 02-11-2008 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi There, does anyone know where I can get P2 grinds. I need help on consolidate b/s, cashflows and foreign exchange. Any help would be appreciated.

Would it be possible to pm me.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Don't stresss too much about consolidation. The key to passing P2 is the theory. There are about 15 marks for theory in the consolidation question. Answer that part first. Then attempt the last question - usually a current issue. I'd recommedthat you attempt the consolidation last. You get most of the marks for the workings. Consolidation at this level is tough - i seriously doubt that anyone ets full marks for this.
    Know your standards!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Livekop

cheers pugwall, The course has more theory than you would expect. With around 15 marks in q1 and the rest its about 60-70%. Need to get into that but think that a few extra hours on consolidations would be a help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

I concur with Pugwall. I passed this paper without going to any classes. I basically just practiced, practiced, practiced past theory exam questions getting in line with the style of answering.

As for the horrible Q1 consolidation, you need to spend a few hours working your way through past exam Q's getting familiar with the multiple steps involved. That's where you'll gain marks...forget about getting your balance sheet to balance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

I give ACCA grinds at all levels... Reasonable rates too I am fully qualified with marking experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 EAS45

Hi, I am also doing P2. Beginning to really panick now!! I have been getting a bit bogged down in the consolidation, trying to cover absolutley every scenario. I am working through the standards and past papers regarding theory. Is this the best source?

Also as regards current issues for final question, are there any sites, sources where I could get any definative amendments to any acc standards? I have looked thru the ACCA site.

Any help or TIPS :), advise would be gratefully appreciated!! Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement