Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin bars

Options
  • 02-11-2008 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Any suggestions for a south city bar where I could reserve a section for 20-30 people and which would serve food platters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Dtwo, they have a separate room upstairs which can host more than 30 people + bar and food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The village, solas, bleeding horse around wexford street, baggot inn and toners on baggot street, ron blacks on dawson street. If you want to give average age, music preferences etc it'd help narrow it down

• Registered Users Posts: 48 decoratinghouse

jdivision wrote: »
    If you want to give average age, music preferences etc it'd help narrow it down

It's for a 40th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

The russell court hotel, and the platters will be free. Actually the room is free too. Dicey's do it too, but it's pretty much the same place, there are just different areas you can reseve I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The russell court hotel, and the platters will be free. Actually the room is free too. Dicey's do it too, but it's pretty much the same place, there are just different areas you can reseve I think.

But the pints are terrible, it's way too expensive and the hotel beds are terrible. They also leave ear plugs in the room, which are needed cos of hte Luas

OP, for a 40th nearly everyone would lay on food etc. My mate had one in Bowes on Fleet street, took all of upstairs, worked well. More upmarket try The Bank on Dame Street. For more lively see about getting the new bar upstairs in whelans, usually a band room though so if there's a gig on unlikely you'll get it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It's for a 40th birthday.

Darkey Kellys on Fishamble St, best of Saturday nights because you've free entertainment from 5pm until 9pm (ballads) then its a cover band from 10pm until 1:30am.

Good craic, good grub, great entertainment and great pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Upstairs in the longstones a decent one.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

should post where most people will be coming from as that would help with locations.

Donehy and Nesbitts on Baggot Street have a good area upstairs and do food for groups.

Advertisement