Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palin pranked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sorry for taking for the lord's name in vain but, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It really sounds like her, but I can't allow myself to believe it.....I....I just can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

A Fake but still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's real. Her camp has confirmed it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE4A027O20081101
    TORONTO (Reuters) - U.S. vice presidential hopeful Sarah Palin fell prey to a Canadian prankster on Saturday when he called her impersonating French President Nicolas Sarkozy and got her to accept an invitation to hunt baby seals.

Palin's office quickly admitted they were hoodwinked.

"Governor Palin was mildly amused to learn that she had joined the ranks of heads of state, including President Sarkozy, and other celebrities in being targeted by these pranksters. C'est la vie," Palin spokeswoman Tracy Schmitt said in an e-mail.

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Sweet jesus how did she and more specifically her aides fall for that so close to the election. She really is a walking joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Noo Waaayy!!
    Poor Betsy! THey must all be idiots

It's been on Sky News and it really makes her out to be a complete and utter fool! To actually think there's a possibility that this person could actually be president.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Oh dear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They're talking to the prankster now on BBC Radio 5. He made the call about 10 hours ago. Unsurprisingly the two American guests don't seem to impressed with the prank, feel it was "mean spirited" and "unfunny".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I cant believe its real:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

At least we know now that Palin is planning for 2016 not 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Unbelievable. I just couldn't see that happening to any of the other candidates. I think she is so clueless about foreign countries that she would not even know where to begin to spot frauds. God help america if she ever gets into the whitehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

What I found especially funny was how she effortlessly dropped into "campaign rhetoric mode" every time she didnt hear or understood what he said.

Quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Ouch.

What more can be said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Oh my god. I love Canadians even more right now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

What if bin Laden rings her? "Hello. This is General Wurzelbacher; we have lost the nuclear launch codes, can you give me them?"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That was painful to listen to. Feel bad for her. She really is dim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Surely the bit where he said "I am real" was a giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Galvasean wrote: »
    Surely the bit where he said "I am real" was a giveaway.
    Or when he named the prime minister of canada - the country bordering her home state - as being "Stef Carse".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Palin, if the prank is true, is really what many suspected, just a complete bimbo. When the prankster said he liked killing animals etc, she should have twigged, and he was too personal from the start, another givaway. She is perfect for a Republican President. All she would need is a Cheney type character to to control her and its the female version of Bush.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its a scary thought that if McCain wins and falls ill, die's etc, she will have the nuclear launch codes and her finger on the button.

Seriously, the day she takes over, I'm starting to build a nuke bunker in my back garden or at least preparing for the worst.
    Lord knows that Americans enemies will try and take advantage of the situation and try to provoke her.

As for the phone call, how the heck did the caller get through all (any?) the security checks?
    Some's ass is getting fired quietly for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

jaysus..
    that is embarassing..
    she is doin a lot of plowing..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I heard that she's the most popular republican, could that be true? Would they ever really have her running for president, 4 more years of Bush would be a better choice than her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

My favourite part was where the guy compilimented her on 'Hustlers nailin palin' and she thanked him before figuring out what he was on about.

Seriousely I think that its even worse that her aides didn't pick up on this. I was a bit scooby dubious about how well they briefed her after hearing some of her interviews. But now, jesus, they must be as thick as she is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

colly10 wrote: »
    I heard that she's the most popular republican, could that be true? Would they ever really have her running for president, 4 more years of Bush would be a better choice than her

She's only as popular (I suspect) as long as the media loves her or continues to give the Republican crowd some favourable light.
    Sooner or later, the media will move on!

...as for her being a better choice than Bush - Ooo thats a close call.
    At least Bush has some brain, even if it is a corrupt one. Its a toss-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Perversely I could see a lot of Republicans swinging back to McCain/Palin because of this stunt.

They seem to have a serious "them and us" attitude about the media, this probably would galvanise a lot of voters who had been considering voting Obama/Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Biggins wrote: »
    ...as for her being a better choice than Bush - Ooo thats a close call.
    At least Bush has some brain, even if it is a corrupt one. Its a toss-up!

Oh no, I was saying Bush was the better option

Advertisement