Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Band please

Options
  • 02-11-2008 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Not sure if theres a better forum for posting this on if so please move this.

I'm trying to find some new bands to listen to and I was hoping people here could recommend some to me. I really like

tegan & sara
    an horse
    snow patrol
    matchbox20
    goo goo dolls
    silversun pickups
    dashboard confessional

I'd be v grateful for any suggestions people have for other bands to check out that they think I might like/would be similar to the bands above. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leiva2000

Hi there -
    Well since I am a rabid Tegan and Sara fan and like An Horse and nearly everyone else on your list I thought I would throw out some suggestions, so here goes!
    1. Susie Sue - amazing voice, some great songs, my fave 'Give me Heart' is hard to find.
    2. Sia - another beautiful voice.
    3. Ray Lamontagne - AMAZING!
    4. City & Colour - (currently on tour w/T & S)
    5. The Fray - fun music

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

tegan & sara
    an horse
    snow patrol
    matchbox20
    goo goo dolls
    silversun pickups
    dashboard confessional

Saw them support Death Cab For Cutie back in August and they weren't bad. Have you gotten into Death Cab yet? They would be an essential for any music lover.

leiva2000 wrote: »
    5. The Fray - fun music

Substitute 'fun' with 'boring drivel' and you'd be spot on.

Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

You might like the Wallflowers, nice tunes although I don't know if they're still on the go!
    The Coral too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dapho3

I love all the bands on your list esp Tegan and Sara but also big fan of a few other artists who may or may not be to your liking but are worth havin a look at

Missy Higgins
    The Organ
    Maria Doyle Kennedy
    Nell Bryden
    Peter Doran
    Greg Pearle and John Illsley

Advertisement