Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewarm Stoves

• 02-11-2008 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a Firewarm Stove with Boiler? We're finding ours isn't heating up the water or radiators, they are both just luke warm and the stove itself although it heats up the room isn't a warm as, say, an open fire would be in the room. Really dissapointed with it.
    It's a 12kw stove and heats around 5 to 6 rads, so turned off some of the rads but still no joy, even if it didn't heat the rads very well, thought it would at least heat the water.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to DIY from C&P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Are al the baffles in the stove is there a very large updraught in the flue you could try a damper on the flue collar if thats the case. Is it plumbed correctly?
    Start with the easiest first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

light a big fire lol

Seriously we found the same with our hunter when me bought our house.

Light a big a fire as you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 glenfarne

I am very annoyed off at firewarm stoves. I bought the 8kw to heat the hot tank. First one was wrung wrong at the back 2 pipes and 6 weeks later got a replacment.Just after getting a call from the plummer the boiler is leaking in the second one. Will never buy these second rate firewarm stoves again.Did anyone else have problims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 moylandee

I got a firewarm stove put in nearly two years ago and I have nothing bad to say about it. I just hava a back boiler though, no radiators. The builder, the plumber and a the guy in the hardware where I bought it all advised me not to put rads off it as everything would be lukewarm and nothing would be hot. It's an 8kw I have, the room is roasting and the water is roasting.
    I guess if you have any other way of heating the rads?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mister_D

My firewarm 6 has lasted under 12 months. Baffle plates dropping, riddle has jammed, internal casing split and warped and the wheels on the front drop off when you spin them open.

It would be funny if it happened to someone else :)

Advertisement