Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that book?

Options
  • 02-11-2008 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

So we have all read the greats, can you recognise a line from the heroes of literature?
    If you get the book and the author, post your own favourite line and see if it is recognised?
    If it is not guessed in a couple of days give a clue!
    I will kick off with this gem.

“Fish, I love you and respect you very much. But I will kill you dead before this day ends.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Moby Dick. Herman Melville?

Edit: No its not. Doh. By the power of google I've found out both book and Author. As I count that as cheating I will let someone else reveal the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

with your honesty your place in secure in heaven!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

The Old Man and the Sea - Hemmingway.

My turn - easy one ... "so it goes"

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

BossArky wrote: »
    The Old Man and the Sea - Hemmingway.

My turn - easy one ... "so it goes"

Slaughterhouse 5 -Kurt Vonnegut

'It was a bright cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Orwell - 1984

"Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday, I don't know."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Camus -The Outsider

"For a long time I used to go to bed early. Sometimes , when I had put out my candle my eyes would close so quickly that I had not even time to say "I'm going to sleep". "

Advertisement