Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS course?

Options
  • 02-11-2008 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I know this seems like a large order but does anyone know of a decent course in Dublin that teaches most/all elements of CS3 (without me having to go back to college full time) ?

There are a good few photoshop courses but I'd really like to learn illustrator, photoshop, indesign, flash and dreamweaver together. I know it's a lot but maybe the course could be a year long or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

indieJones wrote: »
    decent course in Dublin that teaches most/all elements of CS3 (without me having to go back to college full time) ?

There are a good few photoshop courses but I'd really like to learn illustrator, photoshop, indesign, flash and dreamweaver together. I know it's a lot but maybe the course could be a year long or something?

illustrator, photoshop, indesign, flash and dreamweaver ... in a year without it being a full time course ???? EEK!! I think thats being highly unrealeastic. (though maybe thats just me)

Maybe take a look into the likes of http://www.lynda.com/ and do it in your own time. Of course you don't get a qualification as such from it. Have you done the Total Training material that comes on the DVDs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I did an apprenticeship in Origination. 4 years working with block release for college. Using Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark every day for work and in college.

I have to say, at the end of 2 years I was fairly proficient. I've taught myself InDesign and I've been using it for 2 years.

I'm still learning.

Point is, don't rush it. Get a job where you use it every day and do the courses, but never think to yourself that you've learned it all, because nobody has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

indieJones wrote: »
    I know this seems like a large order but does anyone know of a decent course in Dublin that teaches most/all elements of CS3 (without me having to go back to college full time) ?

You could look at lynda.com they do an excellent creative suite cs3 tutorials.
    http://www.lynda.com/search/?q=creative+suite+cs3

For 300 dollars a year for full premium access and a bit of self disipline this is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭indieJones

thanks for the pointers! I think online might be a good way to go. Has anyone had experience with Lynda.com. Are they high level enough? I don't want to do just basic stuff like how to setup a blogspot blog or remove red eyes in photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Starts off easy then goes into advanced. More than you will need is there really. And the tutorials are excellent. Another company is total training they are excellent as well I'd highly recommend both as I use them both myself.

www.totaltraining.com

www.lynda.com

You can get their cd /dvd's for offline training as well. Expensive enough but worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭deadpoet

Definitely do it in your own time. Why fork out all that cash for something that can be learned online at no cost? If you have the skills and an impressive portfolio you dont need a degree.

Advertisement