Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunleer Bookies

Options
  • 02-11-2008 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Soon to open in Dunleer are not one but two betting shops,this will leave three in a small town , is there a need for so many shops that cause untold misery.

I have seen what a bookies can do to a young chap had a relative who got in deep , lost his car & owed thousands, a lovely chap who was brought to the bookies by his dad to place a few bets on a saturday, and it went on from there.

There are a few guys i went to school with , and they go into the bookies on a thursday after work, not a cent for the rest of the week, unless the big one comes up then we all here about it.

I am not against betting, but honestly three bookies in a small town the size of Dunleer, definetly no need.

Maca

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Did you complain to the planning authorities about it, when the premises were going through the formalities?

Advertisement