Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remove radio from 5 series BMW?

Options
  • 02-11-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hi,

Daughter decided to put a 50 cent coin into the front loading cd player of the wife's 2007 5 Series Bmw. Does anyone know how to remove the radio to help me avoid the disappointment of giving a Bmw garage a fortune to do it for me!! Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

search the web for some install threads, you need special clips for removing it. Should be able to get them very cheap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Try HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

thelikes of planet auto should have the clips, i got them there for a 05 focus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Not sure if it will be the same on your radio but on some bmws the power button pulls off and behind that there is a small slot which you put a small flathead screwdriver in, twist this a small bit anti clockwise and the radio will pull out.

EDIT just noticed yours is a 07 so I dont think this is the case with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Here's another post similar enough to sharkman's showing you what you need to do to get at the cd player. This is detailing how to replace some of the front trim but the steps will be the same.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5650&st=0&p=71260&#entry71260

• Advertisement
Advertisement