Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice Please!

Options
  • 02-11-2008 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Alright lads,

Does anybody know how to remove locknuts from alloy wheels? Theres two on my Renault Megane that I don't have the key for. I've brought it to two different mechanics and they couldnt do anything for me, they said some they can take off, some they can't! So then I had a friend try weld them off but still to know avail! I also tried to hammer sockets over them but just wrecked my sockets! They're not standard Renault locks so I can't bring it to Renault.
    This is quite frustrating at this stage as one of my wheels is completely flat.
    Any other suggestions?

Cheers
    C.D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Take some pictures of the locknuts and stick them up here so people can see the key pattern. Somebody might recognise the make or have something similiar!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

If you hammer on a socket from an impact gun it should work, did for me a few yeas ago, the sockets from these tools are very tough.

Or you could buy a gator grip and try with that, but it wouldn't be easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Crazy Diamond

Unfortunately the lock nuts aren't too recognisable now because of the welding. But basically, theres a hole in the centre of the nut (about 9mm across) and 5 small holes (each of these about 3mm across) around the edge for the key to match up to if you know what I mean!
    I hope this info is sufficient enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

There was a thread about this before. Try http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055308089&highlight=locknuts.

Sounds like it might be your answer.

Advertisement