Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Query

Options
  • 02-11-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but anyway;

Is it possible for me to access my work emails from my laptop? And if so how do i go about doing it. Microsoft Outlook is what i use in work.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Talk to your IT department at work, they'll be able to tell you. Impossible for us to know without any details on how it is set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

the easiest solution would if your IT dept had webmail for you to access.

I could nearly tell you by the amount of people in your company :)
    if there are less than 20 i doubt the company would have invested in webmail (just use POP3 to connect), less than 100 then might have webmail.

do you know if you set up your outlook with POP3 email (rather than exchange) ? if you did its most likely that you cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

to b honest, iv no idea. we have no IT department...theres 15 of us. so u recon theres noway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Best person to ask is who ever setup your email on your computer.

If you *really* need to... there may be a way.

If its a POP3 email account what you can do is setup the computer at home to connect to your email server and take a copy of the emails that you havnt already downloaded to your work computer (there is an actual setting to take a copy (i think its called leave a copy on the server) - that way if you read the email at home you will still be able to get it in work)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

to use webmail, there is no extra charge if you have Exchange. if you have SBS 2003 webmail is standard! if its 2 users or 75 users no extra charge to setup OWA access:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement