Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel Question - Help!

• 02-11-2008 12:35pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a very large excel document. 252 pages.

I need to be able to split it up so i.e on the first ten pages it says 1 of 10, 2 of 10 etc. Next section would be the same.

I do not want to split it into different sheets though.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

in excel it would be hard (if do-able)
    It would be 30min-an hours work to do in word.

Can you import it into word ?
    (or even select all and paste into word ? and format a bit there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

What I would do is to set the print area to the first 10 pages, print to a PDF, saving as print1 or something. This will get you 10 pages, numbered 1-10 and easily printable from adobe reader or similar. Repeat for next 10 pages, saving as print2. Keep going up to 'print26' then print them all from the PDF files. This will work for a once off print run, but if the spreadsheet needs to be edited and reprinted it wont be the best way, as you'll have to go through it again. Shouldn't take longer than an hour once you get into the swing of it.

EDIT: or, in excel, print pages 1-10. Then hide those pages on the spreadsheet and print pages 1-10 again (should print pages 11-20, but numbered as 1-10) Continue, then un-hide everything. This way is better, but I'm not erasing all that typing for the 1st method!!

Advertisement