Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prining issues

• 02-11-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Hello, I got a printer a couple of months ago, a brother DCP-135C. It worked great for a few months. The thing is that it will not print my essays even though the black ink cartridge is over half full. It says that my yellow is empty, which it is but this should not effect printing essays. Anyone have any solutions or similar problems with this printer.

It this is the wrong forum feel free to move, mod.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Can you go into the printer options when the print dialog comes up, and select black & white only (or similar)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Some make of printer may refuse to print unless all cartridges are full. The Epson Stylus I have at home certainly does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

biologikal wrote: »
    Can you go into the printer options when the print dialog comes up, and select black & white only (or similar)?

No, I cannot. I could do it on my old printer though but not on this. It is a highly annoying as I dont want to shell out on new ink that I will not be even using. I may have to though, I think it could be a similar printer to the one Aidan mentioned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You need to buy new ink, I think the reason printer manufacturers make sure you have colour ink installed before printing (even if only doing black and white) is due to the fact that if you decide to print in colour later on down the road, the ink heads for said colours may have dryed out and fail to print

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Or it may be because of the 'secret printer watermarking' issue. One method uses almost invisible yellow dots.
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080214-eu-commissioner-printer-tracking-may-be-human-rights-violation.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Cheers for the responses, I'll just buy some new ink and see what happens.

Advertisement