Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to get to Ballyvaughan (without a car)

• 02-11-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi

I might have to go to Ballyvaughan in the near future. I don't drive. What is the best way to get there? Coming from Cork, I could take the train to Ennis, but then I don't see any bus/train connections.... Cab? probably expensive? I believe it's something 24 miles from Ennis.

any advice would be much appreciated

cheers
    sf

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Get the Doolin bus, you should be able to get the rest of the way handy enough, either that or get to Lahinch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

many thanks. however, if I found the right place on the map, Lahinch is 20 miles from Ballyvaughan.
    How much would the cab cost between Ennis and Ballyv.? or any direct alternatives?

many thanks
    sf

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

scaryfairy wrote: »
    many thanks. however, if I found the right place on the map, Lahinch is 20 miles from Ballyvaughan.
    How much would the cab cost between Ennis and Ballyv.? or any direct alternatives?

many thanks
    sf
    If you were planning on getting a taxi,getting it from Ennis would be way more expensive than getting it from Lahinch.if you do get a taxi,I would recomend finding a hackey number instead,work out cheaper than a metered taxi.
    Though I'd say the same as Clareman,go to Doolin or Lisdoonvarna instead,easier to get a taxi from there.some taxis might not even go to Ballyv from Ennis

Hi midgetflynn,

many thanks, will look into it.

cheers
    sf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bus Eireann go through there alright (local service whatever that means) http://www.transport.ie/upload/general/3768-2.pdf

Give the station in Ennis a shout, they are normally very helpful and nice, their number is 065-6824177

• Advertisement

Clareman,

thanks for that, this map is great. and thanks for the number, too

sf

No worries Scary, enjoy your time down here, I keep on meaning to head up there myself to Vaughans, some of the best food you can get (if you like seafood)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Maybe you could get the Galway bus from Ennis and get off in Kinvara. Hitch a lift from there then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Don't know if the link works: http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=e0.04992187.1225762416&OK#focus

Anyway, Bus Eireann goes from Ennis to Ballyvaughan on route to Galway or Doolin. Not very often though. Just check the website for dates and connections: www.buseireann.ie.

Ballyvaughan is lovely. Check out Monks for good food and a good pint: http://www.monks.ie/html/location.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

scaryfairy wrote: »
    Hi

I might have to go to Ballyvaughan in the near future. I don't drive. What is the best way to get there? Coming from Cork, I could take the train to Ennis, but then I don't see any bus/train connections.... Cab? probably expensive? I believe it's something 24 miles from Ennis.

any advice would be much appreciated

cheers
    sf

If i were you id get the train to galway and bus it from galway to ballyvaughan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Western_sean

eddiehobbs wrote: »
    If i were you id get the train to galway and bus it from galway to ballyvaughan.

+1 It's ultimately going to take a lot less time train to galway is quicker and the bus service is more direct

I think that to get the train from Cork to Galway you have to go via Dublin, I think you might also have to change from Heuston to Connolly

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Western_sean

Sorry I didn't read the original post properly I thought they were coming from Dublin.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Clareman wrote: »
    I think that to get the train from Cork to Galway you have to go via Dublin, I think you might also have to change from Heuston to Connolly

You change in portarlington.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Get the bus to Kilcolgan in Co Galway, then wait for the bus from Galway which passes through Kilcolgan and turns onto the N67. The N67 runs through Ballyvaughan. Phone Galway Bus Station for times...there's a bus in the evening around 6.30....I think there might be one in the morning.

Advertisement