Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alter Bridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The album version is awesome!

The beginning reminds me of an Avenged Sevenfold song but I can't think which one it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The album version is awesome!

The beginning reminds me of an Avenged Sevenfold song but I can't think which one it is.

Wouldn't be Second Heartbeat would it?

That's it! Thank you!

Myles Kennedy holding a hammer

Really hope they do more of these when the albums released.

• Advertisement

That's really interesting.. they did do an ABIII track by track video that was quite good too :D

Myles interview at Heavy Montreal 2016

My Champion is now on Spotify.

2 songs released and I have a feeling this album is going to be amazing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

My Champion is now on Spotify.

2 songs released and I have a feeling this album is going to be amazing. :D

good looking out *runs to open spotify*

Enjoy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Enjoy!!!

I very much did! this album is gonna be a whopper!

Bit early to say, but going off the 2 tracks so far, I think The Last Hero could be better than Fortress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works and say I'm not mad about either track hopefully Tremonti isn't lacking ideas after the back to back solo records which were great, thought Fortress was really good a lot better than ABIII IMO.

I actually preferred ABIII to Fortress but still loved Fortress :)

Another behind the song

I find these videos really interesting. I hope they do have one for every song on The Last Hero. :D

I actually preferred ABIII to Fortress but still loved Fortress :)

I found ABIII to be their most unbalanced as in the bulk of its excellence really lies in the first half of the album and trails off towards the end particularly on the 3.5 edition which is the copy I have. While containing stand alone tracks that are better than those off Fortress find Fortress to a more complete album front to back.

Fair enough I suppose. I don't really think about it that much tbh, I just enjoy the songs. I'm out of my depth in this thread. :o

Fair enough I suppose. I don't really think about it that much tbh, I just enjoy the songs. I'm out of my depth in this thread. :o

Haha not at all you clearly love AB which would no doubt keep you afloat in this thread

Album is "out" now ;)

Carrying on from my thoughts on the first 2 songs as in I wasn't keen on them, sadly for me at least the album as a whole continues that trend.

• Advertisement

I'm on my second listen through. I think this might just top ABIII and become my new favourite. :D

So I saw AB in London last night. Still speechless. Absolutely incredible show and I was lucky enough to get to the barrier! :D

So I saw AB in London last night. Still speechless. Absolutely incredible show and I was lucky enough to get to the barrier! :D

Nice wan!

Personally looking at the set glad I didn't go as November was stacked for me in terms of gigs can't argue with the bill all the same. Hope to catch them when they'll likely be back in the summer (Europe I mean...typically they'll hardly play here ;) )

Best gig I've ever been to. Also, Volbeat are very entertaining. I've been listening to their back catalogue and I'm very impressed.

So, Sunday of Download 2017 as direct support to Aerosmith. I may have to acquire a ticket. :D

Alter Bridge being packed away again after tour ends in summer.

Tremonti planning to release a new album for 2018 with Tremonti and seems Wolfgang Van Halen may be out for good due to the VH commitments.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tremonti-to-release-new-album-in-2018/

Alter Bridge being packed away again after tour ends in summer.

Tremonti planning to release a new album for 2018 with Tremonti and seems Wolfgang Van Halen may be out for good due to the VH commitments.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tremonti-to-release-new-album-in-2018/

Tremonti really is cranking out albums, I take it somethings rumbling in Van Halen if Wolfgang is out of Tremonti

More Tremonti. Excellent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tremonti really is cranking out albums, I take it somethings rumbling in Van Halen if Wolfgang is out of Tremonti

Still waiting on Wolfgang's solo album. With next year being the 40th anniversary of Van Halen there are plenty of rumblings of what the band may do but nothing definitive yet. Just a few scraps coming from Janie at the moment.

• Advertisement

Good morning got some fantastic news for ye all. Alter Bridge finally make a stop to the emerald Isle!

Dublin June 20th Olympia
    Belfast June 21st Ulster Hall

http://www.metalireland.com/2017/02/23/alter-bridge-confirm-dublin-belfast-shows/

Advertisement