Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alter Bridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh the excitement!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Amazing news!! Seeing them at Download in June too!

June is gonna be the best month ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Some things are definitely worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

In for both shows!

Likely be sold out soon if you're on the fence. TM allocation for Belfast has sold out so they have to be got at Ulster Hall website while they Still Remains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Standing sold out for Dub, circle seats are halfway back, got my standing, should be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Ticketmaster has them in their alternative and Indie category

They are hopeless when it comes to that ...

weisses wrote: »
    Ticketmaster has them in their alternative and Indie category

They are hopeless when it comes to that ...

Wasn't Indie just a term to describe Artists on Independent music labels? it just became a term lobbed on bands that weren't grudge basically in the mid nineties.

On November 24th 2016 we played our largest headline gig to date - The O2 Arena in London. It was an amazing night and we wanted to share this evening with you.

We have teamed up with our friends at Napalm Records to bring you not only this show but a full-length "Rarities" album, full of all of our deepest cuts and a few never before released songs!

Alter Bridge: Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities out 9/8/17
    PRE ORDER:
    http://smarturl.it/LiveAtTheO2Arena

That looks absolutely unreal!

Band are playing two nights at London's Royal Albert Hall, October 2nd & 3rd, they'll be back on both nights by a 52 piece symphony orchestra.
    Appearing at the legendary Royal Albert Hall in London for the first time, the band will treat the audience to an array of songs never before played live as well as fan favourite hits, drawn from their acclaimed five album catalogue.

In another first, the group will also be accompanied by the Parallax Orchestra – a 52-piece London-based symphony orchestra conducted by Simon Dobson – adding an impressive new dimension to their already captivating live show.

Both shows are apparently to be recorded, so between them & The Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities box-set being released in September, the band will have enough material to hold fans over until the next album.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna see if I can get to one of those dates :)

Why not try for both nights?

Well that all depends on the cost of the tickets really. They won't be very cheap.

Well that all depends on the cost of the tickets really. They won't be very cheap.

They're not...

£56.50 inc fees for Standing.

£45.80 - £78.25 for Seated.

Will try for the Monday meself failing that Tues doesn't work for me.

Yeah, definitely not cheap. I'll have to register for pre-sale I think. I'm working on Friday and I'm not allowed to have my phone on me.

I know their Dublin show is still a week away, but any word on a support band?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know their Dublin show is still a week away, but any word on a support band?

Announced awhile back these lads...

http://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/alter-bridge/

This Side Of Fate was given it's live debut in the Czech Republic last night.

I think there are some videos of that floating about but I haven't watched yet.

I managed to get myself a ticket for the first RAH gig :)

I managed to get myself a ticket for the first RAH gig :)

Ya lucky yolk I had so much stuff on it was made impossible to get around to being able to purchase naturally it's sold out now. I was in the venue last night absolutely world class, brilliant acoustics...those shows have some serious potential.

Saw AB do a festival set the weekend they decided against featuring the new album heavily Show me a leader despite thinking the song not up to much initially clicked with me big time live was one of the highlights...roll on tonight :)

If anyone interested I have 2 tickets to the Belfast show btw I can't get to now £30/€35 would need to be collected in Dublin today before or after show.

• Advertisement

Last night was amazing from start to finish. Definitely going to see them again in October.

I'm gonna do my best to get home. I'm going to the RAH Monday show before that but I actually will be disappointed if I can't come back. I much preferred the smaller venue. It was amazing.

Crowd in Belfast got the live debut of Fortress :eek:

I've just read that.. the lucky feckers! Anyone from the thread gone to the gig? I'm sure we'll get videos on the Facebook groups. :)

Just realized when Alter Bridge come back in October, The Last Hero will be a year released.

Wonder when the next one after the DVD will be? :p

Wonder when the next one after the DVD will be? :p

Well their studio albums do have 3 year gaps between them, so using that , I'd say 2020 we'll have album #6.

All depends on things they can't control..

That seems so long but I'm sure it'll be worth it :)

Something I noticed Tuesday night, on the band's backdrop, they've got the symbols for their 5 albums on it.

Also new video

• Advertisement

If anyone interested I have 2 tickets to the Belfast show btw I can't get to now £30/€35 would need to be collected in Dublin today before or after show.
    Okay this never happened!! Despite proving difficult between sorting accommodation and train after having a busy weekend for myself I bit the bullet especially after the Dublin show...And rambled up on my own had a taker for spare ticket immediately when I walked to venue so had beer money sorted. Show was top drawer again so the effort wasn't in vain.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Crowd in Belfast got the live debut of Fortress :eek:
    Well the tour debut but yeah that was immense they played it rarely and first time in 3 years I believe, This side of Fate was brill in Dublin but that had to make way for it only other changes were they opened with Come to Life and Slip to the Void wasn't in set, Wonderful life was in there instead also they didn't have the guitar doodling between Mark and Myles
    I'm gonna do my best to get home. I'm going to the RAH Monday show before that but I actually will be disappointed if I can't come back. I much preferred the smaller venue. It was amazing.

You're seriously underestimating the RAH the Olympia is grand an all but it's not a patch on it. There is like 12 different main entrances to divide the crowds then when inside my seat (Grand tier) was through a door that housed 8 people! even though there is an extra nearly 4k it's not like packed in like sardines in fact you'll find it's more spacious.

...I mean awful venue, show will be no good, I can do you a favor and buy your ticket? :D

Advertisement