Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alter Bridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Something I noticed Tuesday night, on the band's backdrop, they've got the symbols for their 5 albums on it.
    I'm so glad someone else noticed that too! :)
    You're seriously underestimating the RAH the Olympia is grand an all but it's not a patch on it. There is like 12 different main entrances to divide the crowds then when inside my seat (Grand tier) was through a door that housed 8 people! even though there is an extra nearly 4k it's not like packed in like sardines in fact you'll find it's more spacious.

...I mean awful venue, show will be no good, I can do you a favor and buy your ticket?
    Oh no I just meant in terms of seeing the band at home, it's always special. :)

Tickets for Olympia October show purchased :D

2 AB shows in 1 week. Not bad, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tickets for Olympia October show purchased :D

2 AB shows in 1 week. Not bad, eh?

I just did 3 in a matter of days :P

Have Dublin ticket got too, Saturday night this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Alter Bridge twice in one year, oh yes please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm so glad someone else noticed that too! :)

Oh no I just meant in terms of seeing the band at home, it's always special. :)

At home, RAH is in London, they're American

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    At home, RAH is in London, they're American

She meant seeing them in Ireland..

Yeah, I meant seeing them in Ireland was seeing them at home for me because I live in the UK.

The Strypes and Little Hours! will be the support bands for the October gig.

Seriously? I've seen The Strypes and they're great!

Yeah, and Mark could be here next here with Tremonti..

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The Strypes and Little Hours! will be the support bands for the October gig.

Are you sure? Only place I saw this reported was Overdrive; the Strypes announced their own shows in Whelans perhaps a mix up very odd choices if so.

Are you sure? Only place I saw this reported was Overdrive; the Strypes announced their own shows in Whelans perhaps a mix up very odd choices if so.

Seen it on Overdrive myself, maybe there was a mix up.. Who knows.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Yeah, and Mark could be here next here with Tremonti..
    Hopefully. I was really impressed by how strong his voice is live. :)

Hopefully. I was really impressed by how strong his voice is live. :)

I think after Tuesday night, Irish AB shows are going to become a regular thing...

I hope so. Honestly one of the best gigs I've ever had the pleasure of being at. It really does help when you know that the guys are such nice people and they're so hard working

Was 10 tickets in Grand Tier on RAH website just there for the first night, There's 9 now ;)

Live At The O2 DVD is on its way in the post. Got an email from Nalpalm Records a couple of days ago. Knew I'd be home in Ireland so purposely got it delivered here :D

Live At The O2 DVD is on its way in the post. Got an email from Nalpalm Records a couple of days ago. Knew I'd be home in Ireland so purposely got it delivered here :D

It's not a DVD :)

Right, CD then. There is a behind the scenes DVD in the version I ordered.

Might get it for the rarities disc, think their next DVD will be the upcoming Orchestral shows as they've canned the '13 recorded Milan gig supposedly.

• Advertisement

As Lions to support on pretty much all the Euro dates including Dublin and Belfast.

Any good? Not heard them know that Bruce Dickinsons son Austin fronts them. He was previously in Rise to Remain who I'd the displeasure of seeing before.

Rock In Rio set.

2 weeks til Dublin gig :D

2 weeks til Dublin gig :D

1 to RAH ;)

RAH is 7:30-10:10 with a 25 min interval so a 2hr 15min set, sweet!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭bergipau

I was raging I missed their last gig, I got my tickets the day they went on sale this time and was looking forward to it, but it looks like I might not be able to go.
    Would anyone be interested in them? 2 standing tickets (why would you want a seat for this!!).

bergipau wrote: »
    (why would you want a seat for this!!).

Actually with this particular venue the first 4 rows of the circle is the best place to be IMO :)

RAH 2moro first woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭bergipau

(why would you want a seat for this!!).

Actually with this particular venue the first 4 rows of the circle is the best place to be IMO :)

RAH 2moro first woohoo!

i was in the second row for the pixies a few years ago, but I always prefer the floor.
    The Olympia is my favourite venue for a gig. I saw Myles singing there with slash a few years ago. That was my best concert in the Olympia.

i was in the second row for the pixies a few years ago, but I always prefer the floor.
    The Olympia is my favourite venue for a gig. I saw Myles singing there with slash a few years ago. That was my best concert in the Olympia.

Was at the Slash gig the (2nd night) been there for a many a gig and Alter Bridge in June was likely the best one in there for me, prefer the Academy or Button factory maybe Vicar but don't mind the Olympia sure.

• Advertisement

rzne2Kw.jpg

Kt845i6.jpg

Advertisement