Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alter Bridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

1 more day until the reveal for the Fortress cover & track listing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I cannot wait! :)

I cannot wait! :)

Excited is an understatement :D

And August 10th marks 9 whole years since One Day Remains was released

Ten years?! Seriously? :eek:

I actually hadn't even discovered them at that stage. I discovered them between Blackbird and ABIII as far as I remembered them. This is the first time I'm really really excited for a new album because we're waiting so long! :D

Well, here's hoping for another ten years of Alter Bridge! :D

• Advertisement

Oh look, it's Wednesday!!! :D

*patiently awaiting tweets/Facebook updates*

The cover & tracklisting for Alter Bridge's Fortress

ALTERFORWEBSITE.jpg

Fortress

1. Cry of Achilles
    2. Addicted to Pain
    3. Bleed It Dry
    4. Lover
    5. The Uninvited
    6. Peace is Broken
    7. Calm the Fire
    8. Waters Rising
    9. Farther than the Sun
    10. Cry a River
    11. All Ends Well
    12. Fortress

1. Cry of Achilles
    2. Addicted to Pain
    3. Bleed It Dry
    4. Lover
    5. The Uninvited
    6. Peace is Broken
    7. Calm the Fire
    8. Waters Rising
    9. Farther than the Sun
    10. Cry a River
    11. All Ends Well
    12. Fortress

For some reason Calm the Fire stands out for me, no idea why. :)

Edit: We must have posted at almost the same time!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 djosullivan98

Can't wait for this to come out! And I sent a tweet to Alterbridge yesterday and they definitely won't be coming to Ireland in 2013 :( I really want to go and see them though

Can't wait for this to come out! And I sent a tweet to Alterbridge yesterday and they definitely won't be coming to Ireland in 2013 :( I really want to go and see them though

They're looking at coming here in 2014, I tweeted them and so did Lithium and both of us got the same answer. We'll be getting a single sometime in August.

Also got a tweet from someone in the Kerrang office saying we won't be disappointed with the album. :D

@jamesjammcmahon: The Kerrang! Office is listening to the new @alterbridge album. @george_garner8 is freaking the f**k out

Me: Can't even put into words how excited I am to hear this album!!! Jealous is an understatement!

@george_garner8: It won't disappoint you!

• Advertisement

They're looking at coming here in 2014, I tweeted them and so did Lithium and both of us got the same answer. We'll be getting a single sometime in August.

Also got a tweet from someone in the Kerrang office saying we won't be disappointed with the album. :D

@jamesjammcmahon: The Kerrang! Office is listening to the new @alterbridge album. @george_garner8 is freaking the f**k out

Me: Can't even put into words how excited I am to hear this album!!! Jealous is an understatement!

@george_garner8: It won't disappoint you!

Whoooo exciting times ahead for Alter Bridge fans :D , rock magazine employees are SO LUCKY

I love the phrase "freaking the f**k out"... it must be amazing!

I'm ridiculously jealous of those cool magazine employees! :)

I love the phrase "freaking the f**k out"... it must be amazing!

I'm ridiculously jealous of those cool magazine employees! :)

I'm definitely excited, working with a music magazine has it's advantages

Imagine they're among a very small group of people that's heard it. Jealous!

I'm really looking forward to the song Mark is singing lead on.

I've no idea why the title Calm the Fire is the one that's jumping out at me most though.

Imagine they're among a very small group of people that's heard it. Jealous!

I'm really looking forward to the song Mark is singing lead on.

I've no idea why the title Calm the Fire is the one that's jumping out at me most though.

There must be a small but long list of people who have heard the new album, me thinks Calm The Fire COULD be the song Mark sings lead on... Or it could be the first single from the album, one or the other

I wonder has Michael Tremonti heard it yet. Also, I'm assuming Dan Tremonti is also Mark's brother. If not, the name is a massive coincidence. :p

It's a cool title for a song tbh. It could be either. I'm interested to see which one is the single.

I wonder has Michael Tremonti heard it yet. Also, I'm assuming Dan Tremonti is also Mark's brother. If not, the name is a massive coincidence. :p

It's a cool title for a song tbh. It could be either. I'm interested to see which one is the single.

Dan Tremonti is indeed Mark & Michael's brother, guess we'll have to wait and see

From Michael Tremonti's Facebook page

I've finally heard the masterpiece that is the Fortress album. It is everything I could hope for. Totally different than the other 3 albums. A natural progression from AB III.

And according to Michael Tremonti ''You all are going to love it.''

:D

He's just tweeted the exact same thing! Wooop I really cannot wait! :D

He's just tweeted the exact same thing! Wooop I really cannot wait! :D

He's also given away the song Mark sings lead on :D

• Advertisement

I'm really looking forward to that one, I really really like Mark's voice. :D

Currently looking at this thread: http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5106 -- Rarities and B-sides :)

Cool & well thought out interview from Ultimate Guitar with Myles Kennedy from either March or January this year (Damn America with the backward dates)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/myles_kennedy_slash_is_cool_and_his_goals_are_the_same_as_mine.html#4922930

Myles also mentions his unreleased solo album

Just looking on the AB Nation forums and there are a good few people that aren't too impressed with the cover. The more I look at it, the more "meh" my reaction is. I do like it but I just expected something different I guess. There must be something behind it. Maybe I was expecting something more along the lines of ODR. Maybe all will be revealed when we hear the songs. :)

Just looking on the AB Nation forums and there are a good few people that aren't too impressed with the cover. The more I look at it, the more "meh" my reaction is. I do like it but I just expected something different I guess. There must be something behind it. Maybe I was expecting something more along the lines of ODR. Maybe all will be revealed when we hear the songs. :)

Can't please everyone, i'm happy with the cover, though every one has different reactions to album covers, Though the cover itself is pretty straight forward and not too over the top,

True. Don't get me wrong, I do like it. Maybe this is a case where my expectations are my downfall. In any case the cover isn't hugely important. I'm sure that'll all be forgotten about when we hear the songs! :D

Exactly, let the songs do the talking so to speak,

Yep! :D

I'm just giving that interview a read now. :)

We need more Alter Bridge fans on Boards, we must expand our numbers :P

I know.. seems like there's only us two and djosullivan98 that has posted recently.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Having seen the fan art maybe the actual was anticlimax in the end but like ye say hopefully thats irrelevant if the material is productive.

Advertisement