Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alter Bridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I absolutely love Waters Rising <3

Live version, studio version or both??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Haven't heard the live one because I'm on my phone. :o

Let's try and get #AlterBridgePlayIreland2014 trending on Twitter

There's also an @AlterBridgeEire account on Twitter, but it looks like it ain't been used since last April

Just tweeted it :)

• Advertisement

IF and fingers crossed Alter Bridge do play Ireland, my Myles Kennedy mancrush will go through the roof, always wanted to meet him

:D

Mine is just a conventional crush but yes I totally agree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Saw the boys in Brussels Friday night. I'm still on a serious high from it. Unbelievable gig and a great setlist. Got the debut of "Bleed It Dry" and came home with a signed album and the setlist. Would love to see them play the Olympia or somewhere like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Saw the boys in Brussels Friday night. I'm still on a serious high from it. Unbelievable gig and a great setlist. Got the debut of "Bleed It Dry" and came home with a signed album and the setlist. Would love to see them play the Olympia or somewhere like that.
    I can understand cant shake the Brum show off meself, but would the Olympia not b too small? I realise theyre not too big here but can imagine them sellin one night there fairly rapid. Hearin some of the new songs live has also ignited the fact that Id have Fortress as their second best album (behind blackbird) which is quite a feat if i say so meself.

Getting my copy of FORTRESS later this week :D

• Advertisement

I got a digital copy on iTunes (thanks to my brother because I can't use it :o) the day it came out but I don't have the actual CD yet. I'll get it at some point :)

I got a digital copy on iTunes (thanks to my brother because I can't use it :o) the day it came out but I don't have the actual CD yet. I'll get it at some point :)

I take it your brother has been playing the digital copy for a while then, i'll be happy when i get the physical copy

He synced it to my mp3 player but he hasn't heard it yet. He's slightly obsessed with Arctic Monkeys at the moment and hasn't listened to much else in weeks. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Was blown away by AB in Nottingham on the 16th - would love to see them here, but they've have to be part of a big bill or doing a smaller venue Tour - just don't see either happening in the near future, but you never know......

Got my copy of FORTRESS today, and mother of god it is hands down AMAZING from start to finish, definitely worth the 3 year wait

Had a 2nd spin of FORTRESS today, and damn it's tough picking favourites, all 12 tracks are amazing in their own way

Myles' vocals at the beginning of Calm The Fire give me goosebumps every time I hear it. :D

I'm not really sure why but I'm not a huge fan of Bleed It Dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Giving Fortress a first listening now - really enjoyable, it gets my thumbs up :D:D

I found a couple of the songs take two or three listens before you get into them but the rest you get into straight away. All Ends Well is probably my favourite. :)

Alter Bridge to play the Sunday at Download 2014 before Aerosmith, should be the other way around to be honest

1463091_10151826587543558_978809499_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Alter Bridge to play the Sunday at Download 2014 before Aerosmith, should be the other way around to be honest

Joking right? And I'd wanna see AB more. Hopefully get an Irish date in the days beforehand.

Mushy wrote: »
    Joking right? And I'd wanna see AB more. Hopefully get an Irish date in the days beforehand.

Alter Bridge deserve a chance to close out the Sunday @ Download, Aerosmith did it 3 years ago, Alter Bridge have a 3 month break in March so maybe they'd play Ireland before then, unless Slash feels the need to tour & borrow Myles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aerosmith are the bigger band, I can see why they'd be the closing act.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Alter Bridge deserve a chance to close out the Sunday @ Download, Aerosmith did it 3 years ago, Alter Bridge have a 3 month break in March so maybe they'd play Ireland before then, unless Slash feels the need to tour & borrow Myles

Having A7X as headliner is risky enough, bumping up Alter Bridge would be suicide for the fest. Especially with Aerosmith playing, they were never headlining.

Saw that on Twitter yesterday. Was thinking the exact same thing about an Irish date. Cross your fingers!

Some Alter Bridge documentary's

The Making Of Blackbird

Alter Bridge One By One Documentary Part 1

Alter Bridge One By One Documentary Part 2

Alter Bridge One By One Documentary Part 3

Alter Bridge One By One Documentary Part 4

Guess what I'll be watching for the next couple of nights! :D

Mr. Myles Kennedy

tumblr_mvsyz8Deiu1s9nimxo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

Courtesy of @TheABNation on Twitter, ''2014 holds great things for @alterbridge and #TheABNation!!! All will be revealed soon''

Irish shows perhaps??

Advertisement