Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PDF eGoods - Watermark?

• 02-11-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to know is there any eCart availible that can watermark a PDF with the username when they purchase it through an online store? I want to sell PDF's but want to ensure they are traceable if they appear elsewhere.

Thanks!

EDIT: Posted this in the wrong forum, so moved it here. Apologises :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

it will probably only slow them down but there definately is software out there that will put a watermark on images and documents etc
    I have used a program to watermark my photos to prevent image theft etc
    and it was free(cant remember excat name) but imm sure someone who knows more will post soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Hi There,

Oh, I know how to watermark. But this would have to be dynamic. Say I bought a PDF book after payment I would be presented with a download link however the downloaded PDF would be watermarked with my username (e.g. ironclaw) but if Mr.X bought the same PDF his username MR.X would be present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 littlegreenman

Have a look at htmldoc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Close but no cigar I'm afraid. Sadly I don't have the expertice to intergrate that type of plug in. Any Joomla plugin's that can do something like this? Or could be adapted?

Advertisement