Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

squeaking/rattle from rear window area (annoying !)

Options
  • 02-11-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

I seem to have a squeaking/rattle coming from the rear window area.

Noise is particualrly noticeable at low speeds on a bumpy road. hard to pin dowun what it might be when the car is on the road.

When the car is stationary if you press the outside of the window at the centre of the top (where the edge of the window meets the roof) you can get a slight squeaking sound, like the rubber window seal is rubbing off the metal frame of the roof. Wondering if this means that the window itself is slightly loose.

Bought the car (Mazda6 - 2007) recently from a Mazda dealer so there is still over a year of the 3 year manufacturer's warranty left. Is this something that I should be expecting them to fix under the warranty or could they argue that this is normal wear and tear. Or is it something I could sort out myself ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement