Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value restaurant in city centre

• 02-11-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey all, my bday is coming up next week and want to go for dinner with six friends or so. Im looking for somewhere that has a good atmosphere and good value!!

Please suggest something nice for me as Im a bit worried about bringing people somewhere which turns out to be terrible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,057 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Star Anise on Bridge Street is excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

For cheap & cheerful, I always head to Cafe Bar Deli. Never disappointed and it's really good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

olaola wrote: »
    For cheap & cheerful, I always head to Cafe Bar Deli. Never disappointed and it's really good value.
    I think I was there once, was a bit of a wait before we could get a table (about 30mins iirc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

axer wrote: »
    I think I was there once, was a bit of a wait before we could get a table (about 30mins iirc).

You can book now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

My absolute favourite place in town (bar Eden, which is rather pricey) is Acapulco on South Great George's street...great value and delicious Mexican food. Fun atmosphere and nice staff. Good margheritas and if they know it's your birthday they sometimes bring tequilas, salt and lime for everyone there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

One of my most disappointing dublin experience for the quality of food and their recipes.

A good value restaurant is yamamori, acapulco isn't bad but not the best. You could also go to some FXB restaurant for a steak, there are also other good places which I don't remember now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Choosing our favourite restaurants is so subjective - I have been to Yamamori twice and it was just awful - very bad food and atrocious service!

It's all really just trial and error and finding what you like, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 chefsden

wagamama under st. stephens green shopping center. it's fresh and good mix... :) and you know what your getting also... fresh ingredients... very consistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Depends how much you want to spend. Personally, I think Le Gueuleton is excellent value. It's on Fade St, off George's St, beside the side entrance of Hogan's. You can't book though, you have to queue up at least 15 minutes before it opens on a busy night to get on, but you can also book for the second sitting at 8pm at the door. They have website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I got food poisoning there from undercooked prawns. Wouldn't recommend. I'd join the Le Geueleton recommendation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

I know it's not town, but if it suited you at all, I'd recommend Eatery 120 in Ranelagh. The staff, surroundings, food, all great, and for what you get, I think the prices are good value. Have a look at Menupages.ie for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I was in the Millstone on Dame st recently, and it was lovely! I was really surprised! There was a lovely atmosphere, and a cute brazilian guy playing the guitar (not too in your face though!). Food was lovely - not cheap as chips but good value, and big portions.

Great reviews on menupages.ie ....

P.S I hated Acapulco! I thought the food was pants.

Advertisement