Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor Kitten and swollen bum, help?

• 02-11-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I would really appriceate your help if anyone can. There are no vets open today so I am just wondering if anyone has any pointers to tide me over till tomory.
    Found the cutest lil fella on Thurs night so I brought him home. Took him the vet the next day to get him checked out. Got an injection to bind his tummy and some special food, worm tablet and ear mite treatment :)
    So all has been well and good but his ass is now really swollen, red and very much sticking out and bleeding a little. I thought the smell was from him poop but I have been cleaning him as instructed but i think it is an infection kind of smell?? Do ya think this is part of his getting better, like it gets worse before its better kind of thing? He is in great form but its easy to tell its annoying him and hurts. Can yas please help? Im desperate!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Ah poor kitty, sorry to hear the poor fella's not feeling too well. The best thing would be to get him to a vet as soon as you can. One of my kittens had a similar problem last year, swollen/raw bum and she walked around for a week with her tail straight up the air to keep it away from the soreness, poor thing.

I brought my kitten to the vet who gave her some injections to help the healing and I was advised to feed her a bland diet of boiled chicken so as not to upset her stomach. The vet also recommended to keep the bum area clean as possible by very very gently cleaning with cotton wool dipped in warm water and to put a little vaseline on her bum after cleaning to protect from further 'chaffing' ;) It took a week but the swelling went down and the playfulness came back, she was a little demon again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

if you look in the phone book there is usually some 24 houur on call vets that you could try. it sounds like an infection of some sort alright, best get him seen asap if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

OP, where are you based? (Hint: add it to your Location: in your profile, then we wouldn't need to ask :) )

If it's Dublin there's an emergency pet clinic at the UCD Vet College premises in Belfield. Phone 1890 564 036, open all weekend 24hrs. You can call them and ask their advice for free, you only pay if you have to take him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

Thanks so much for the help guys. That really has put my mind at ease. Im guna call that number now to see waht I can do for him. Hes the coolest little cat, he is still in great form its just every now and again that he lets a little meow when he is pooping or when I clean his butt. I havn put any vasilene on his bum cause I wasnt sure what I can and cant use on a kitty you know? didnt want to make it any worse! I am based in Dublin yeah, in palmerstown. :P Sorry about that, I will change my profile thingy.

I will let ya all know how he gets on and what they say :D
    Thanks a million everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

Yeay! OK so they said that if I just put a little bit of savalon cream on his ass that will help him! Phew :)
    Thanks a million again everyone. Guna keep that number in my phone I think ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement