Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

2 more ordered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

whyulittle wrote: »
    182 sold, 18 to go to break the €1,000 mark.

For charity? That is brillant! I ordered mine just now but can't read it untill Christmas day. I can't wait. Well done and fair play to the people putting it together! I am looking forward to seeing your images.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

cock robin wrote: »
    Book arrived today. Excellent schtuff. Got to get another one as I wanna give it as a pressie.
    Mine arrived last thursday. Love it. The standard is great. My wife now thinks I'm great............................which always helps.
    Am going to order another 2 more for the 2 sets of parents as pressies,its a great shelf/coffee table book. (Maybe another for myself in case of accidents to the first,don't want to lose my photo)

The doctors/dentists room idea if very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

There is an image wrap order, placed on the 8th November, still waiting to ship. If that's your book, I'd get on to Blurb. The next order yet to ship was placed on the 24th, so there is obviously a major delay with the one from the 8th.

187 now sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I will order another two. However, my image is even darker than I expected. It is big lesson for the next year. And the hard cover is big disappointment. The soft cover is much much nicer. I am going to save a lot by going for better quality :-) Or to order an image wrap :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I'm very pleased with the hard cover version!
    Spent the weekend looking through the book and looking through it again.
    Some of the pictures are fabulous!

Gave two as gifts and they were very well received.
    Everyone who looked at it was very impressed.
    When people on here were saying how good it was, I had to think they were just being nice, but it really is beautifully produced.

It was a great learning experience for most of us.
    We can make even better next year!
    I'm quite happy with the print quality of my own image.
    Sharp, bright and vibrant.

Lots of people would want to get their sensors cleaned though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

City-Exile wrote: »
    I'm very pleased with the hard cover version!

In comparison, the paperback cover is very black and very shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Paperback is not as durable and I hate the way the cover begins to curl, after repeated book viewings. The dust cover makes the hardcover very black and shiny too.

City-Exile wrote: »
    Paperback is not as durable and I hate the way the cover begins to curl, after repeated book viewings. The dust cover makes the hardcover very black and shiny too.

As you said, we can make a better job next year. It's all a learning experience.

The cover is only a minor part of the whole thing which, overall, is of a very high standard.

Just 10 more books to sell to reach the €1,000 raised for charity mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this arrived today and all i can say is...wow.

simply stunning photos, they are all great, and the white type on black background is so simple yet works so well.

brilliant photos everyone and all that.

p.s. will there be room for one more entry next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

write up today (03/12/2008) in the heraldAM

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58122763

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Yay - good on em!

Hey - I never knew that i was one of Irelands leading photographers :eek: Go Me-eee. Oh, wait..... just read it again - it says "some of Irelands leading photographers"; guess that knocks me out :pac:

write up today (03/12/2008) in the heraldAM

And the Metro (though only a small item there).

There have been announcements on Q102 also - heard it on Sunday (after the event).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Finally got my copy last night. Very happy indeed. Showed it around DCC last night & it made a good impression there too.

Saw the article in the Herald AM & the Metro which is available online at http://www.e-metro.ie/e-metro-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Yay! Has anybody checked the irish mirror/irish mail? If you have the paper can you have a quick scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

CabanSail wrote: »
    Finally got my copy last night. Very happy indeed. Showed it around DCC last night & it made a good impression there too.

Saw the article in the Herald AM & the Metro which is available online at http://www.e-metro.ie/e-metro-ie

Thats really cool. It's beginning to get around at last! Yeah:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The postie finally delivered my copy yesterday. Great collection of pictures in there. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Metro publish letters each day.

Maybe a few of us could email them. One or two may get in.

mail@metroireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

fantastic peice in the examiner on page 7. it includes 5 photos

peacock by john morgan
    waves by colm o'grada
    maggie by sinead mcdonald
    barn owl by albert mac sweeney
    reaching out by brian o'sullivan

photos in the heraldam

peacock
    waves
    reaching out

ill scan the newspapers tomorrow and post them up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Ooh I just saw the examiner piece. Very nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Mine arrived today, well done to all involved. Very well put together, and supporting a good cause too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Got my copy on Monday and its grrrrrreeeeaaaat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

My photo in two papers today, pretty happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

where can i see the examiner piece !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Just picked up my copy of the examiner on the way home this evening. Well done to all who put in the hard work to get press release out, and congratulations to those select few who got published.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Yay!! Picture AND press release in the paper!!! :D:D:D

Ah I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy ;)

go on the 200 copies...

Just 5 more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

One of my teachers knows I'm big into photography and has got a few prints from me before.. I'll see if he'll throw up a few posters around the school / spread by word of mouth. Might even buy one or two himself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

The Late Late Show... anyone got any contacts in RTE?

Advertisement