Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

i was thinking about sending on the press release and photos to martin king, you know the way he shows photos like? what do you think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Ideo wrote: »
    i was thinking about sending on the press release and photos to martin king, you know the way he shows photos like? what do you think?

I tried that a couple of weeks ago, but did not get a reply.

Worth doing it again. You may have more luck than I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Heres an idea.

Everyone stick up an ad on pix or flickr as a photo with the link to buy in the description? (not sure if thats allowed)

Surely we'd reach a lot of contacts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

Solyad wrote: »
    Heres an idea.

Everyone stick up an ad on pix or flickr as a photo with the link to buy in the description? (not sure if thats allowed)

Surely we'd reach a lot of contacts

I was thinking exactly same this morning. Everybody put a copy of a poster in their flickr or pix with a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Now if only all my contacts weren't boardsies... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Anyone scan the examiner yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

The Examiner press clipping. I'll post as a jpg later. I'll post up all 3 press clippings as jpegs and perhaps we can put them on the photobook website?

Herald AM press clipping

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ideo wrote: »
    The Examiner press clipping. I'll post as a jpg later. I'll post up all 3 press clippings as jpegs and perhaps we can put them on the photobook website?

Herald AM press clipping

Good job sir, have some much deserved 'Thanks'.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

mloc wrote: »
    My photo in two papers today, pretty happy.

Well done you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

whyulittle wrote: »
    Just 5 more to go.

BIL ordered 2 today I think? We should hit it soon!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

198 sold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Solyad wrote: »

The Late Late Show... anyone got any contacts in RTE?

Actually...

Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Great... I'm confident that we can hit the sales more than 200 units... Why don't we bring up the target to 210 :P.

My thanks again to all who made this project a success!

Hopefully we'll see a bit of a flurry after all the press pieces this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Hey everyone,

Out of the blue (well almost - he's usually plugging away in the background at all things photography), we received an email today from Marcus over on Pix.ie to say that he would like to add to the support of the boards.ie photography book in aid of the santa strike force. He offered the project free advertising space on pix.ie - and get a load of this;

ONE MILLION FREE ADVERTISING IMPRESSIONS

This will run in the lead up to Christmas. There was a pix.ie release heading out this evening so with a bit of a rush we tracked down a couple of users over the course of the afternoon who had previously signalled their willingness for their images to be used and put them / their image directly in touch with Marcus.

The product of all of this is that every page on pix.ie which displays an image has an embedded boards.ie photography book in aid of santa strike force advertisement - this deployed across millions of pix.ie pages.

See the following post on the pix.ie thread and view some of your own pictures over on pix.ie

Needless to say, the project will benefit enormously in terms of publicity and each advertisement links to the boards.ie photography book blurb page so hopefully we'll get a number of additional orders chalked up.

This is a really great thing for Marcus to do (and without being prompted or harassed!) and I want to thank him on behalf everyone involved. I'm sure the SSF will be well pleased. It is really appreciated that pix.ie have replaced a stream of their own income with potential income being generated for a great cause, and while the great cause won't pay the bandwidth bills I trust that everyone will remember pix.ie when the are looking to support an online image and album data store.

Thanks again Marcus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Nice touch by Marcus.
    Fair play!

We have just reached the 200 mark, and €1,000 raised for Santa Strike Force.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭labbad

Great Stuff Well Done.
    One question I ordered on the 16th November site says it was dispatched on the 25 November still has not arrived should I start worrying or contact them ???
    Basic post

Takes ~10 working days apparently from the date its shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi,

Don't panic. Mine took about 2-3 weeks to arrive. It was sent snail mail.

• Advertisement

I'll give it a few more days then thanks for prompt reply

labbad wrote: »
    Great Stuff Well Done.
    One question I ordered on the 16th November site says it was dispatched on the 25 November still has not arrived should I start worrying or contact them ???
    Basic post

It arrived today (12th December) It's gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

Is this book available for non credit card holders?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

labbad wrote: »
    It arrived today (12th December) It's gorgeous

Is it 3 days later in Ireland than it is in Scotland? :confused:

Mines came today, was a little dissapointed to see that the cover had recieved a fair bit of battering on the way here, but inside the book looks wonderful, there really is some amazing images in there.

Well done everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

supertramp wrote: »
    Is this book available for non credit card holders?

good point... if you have a 3v card i'm sure that would work!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

Got my book today...wow its fab!!!! big thanks to ideo for delivering it for me :D

Woops, we're gone back to 199. :o

Looks like someone has cancelled an order. Think it might have been the one I mentioned before, stalled from November 8th.

whyulittle wrote: »
    Woops, we're gone back to 199. :o

Looks like someone has cancelled an order. Think it might have been the one I mentioned before, stalled from November 8th.

Taking money from kids... shocking! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

My boss wants one, so I am about to place my order. Eventually...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Got mine in the post last week. It's very very nicely put together.

Well done to all involved.

Advertisement