Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hey guys here's the correct format for the flyer
    As said feel free to edit/change at will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I've made a tinyurl if people find it handier to pass around to friends:

http://tinyurl.com/boardsbook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Is the free shipping just standard shipping? or can I go with priority express for free?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ThOnda wrote: »
    I have uploaded SSF logo to the http://pix.ie/boardsbook2008 page. Feel free to use it. The Cover design will be there today.
    Unfortunately the Boards.ie logos are PNG files that are not supported by PIX.ie, therefore cannot be uploaded there.
    pix.ie doesn't support PNG? At all? Is PNG a format largely ignored by photographers? I guess it doesn't have any particular edge over a high quality JPG for photography...

Let me know the format, size, etc that you would like for the logo and I'll post them here and in the Boards.ie Graphics thread in Development. I have PMs turned off but I'll keep tabs on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Well, what you could give us (JPG mostly), that could be used for promoting Boards.ie Photography book. From banners to smaller logos to be used in all materials.

We shall promote the book (and also the boards.ie) as much as possible to raise quite a lot for SSF.

If somebody has such materials, let me know and I'll pass her/him the login to PIX account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Ideo wrote: »
    Is the free shipping just standard shipping? or can I go with priority express for free?

Make sure the currency is in dollars, you will get free regular delivery, or $10 off express delivery.:)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ThOnda wrote: »
    Well, what you could give us (JPG mostly), that could be used for promoting Boards.ie Photography book. From banners to smaller logos to be used in all materials.

We shall promote the book (and also the boards.ie) as much as possible to raise quite a lot for SSF.

If somebody has such materials, let me know and I'll pass her/him the login to PIX account.

Ok, well to start, here's a large JPG graphic that we use for print and the other pseudo-professional activities of boards.ie Ltd:

http://omg.wthax.org/boards_big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The preview looks absolutely excellent guys, im a little unsure as to how my pictures gonna look alongside them now :eek:

I havnt ordered mine yet, but will do as soon as i get back from me hols.

Well done Thonda and the guys for putting it all together.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

Just squeezed into last page of preview.

Book looks amazing.

Massive thanks to ThOnda, whyulittle and DeV - without you guys there wouldn't be a book.

Look forward to getting my copy (and meeting ye all at the Dublin distribution).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

How useful; after you've ordered blurb will generate you a facebook post, and also a digg post.

I've created a digg post here:
    http://digg.com/arts_culture/Photography_Year_Book

Feel free to digg it up for the publicity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'll make a facebook group as soon as I have a banner or something to put up - great way of spreading the word a bit :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just ordered mine though looking at the quality of the first 15 I think I should just go and sell my camera :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Can we confirm that everyone who was not in the preview pages is now horrified at what they submitted, and is desperately wishing they could turn back time and go take better pictures? I know I am :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Thoie wrote: »
    Can we confirm that everyone who was not in the preview pages is now horrified at what they submitted, and is desperately wishing they could turn back time and go take better pictures? I know I am :)
    Heh. I'm actually pretty pleased with how mine looks, which is good - there are some awesome pictures in the first 15. I can't wait to get my mitts on the full book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

looks absolutely great, just ordered mine there. can't wait to see what my pic looks like printed in it.

wonder who will be the first to get a copy :)

sineadw wrote: »
    I'll make a facebook group as soon as I have a banner or something to put up - great way of spreading the word a bit :)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37630170996
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

mloc wrote: »
    looks absolutely great, just ordered mine there. can't wait to see what my pic looks like printed in it.

wonder who will be the first to get a copy :)

Well I ordered the first one, but the fact that it was at the weekend, it shouldn't be any advantage. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mine says estimated ship date is Nov. 10th and 'Ground' delivery so just regular US mail I think.

Well mine's in the first 15 but I *completely* forgot to resubmit at 240dpi so I'm very very unsure of the print quality. Ah well - doesn't matter really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Lol!! I definitly wish I had submitted something better than I did now :( OH well always next year to practice for !!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

The preview looks really good. I am going to get this book as a christmas present, I put some money in myself for the charity. It is very special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

The preview looks fantastic so I've just had to order one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Just ordered one. Can't wait to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Well I have just emailed my entire client base with the details and suggesting without obligation (as I will never know if they do or do not) that it is a worthwhile purchase.

A few have replied wondering if I am the person in Baz's photo (one of the many great photos in the preview section) and I have told them they have to buy the book to see my photo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

sineadw wrote: »
    Well mine's in the first 15 but I *completely* forgot to resubmit at 240dpi so I'm very very unsure of the print quality. Ah well - doesn't matter really :)

:eek: OMG! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Me too.....:(

Oh well....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

thanks to all who made this project a reality, especially Thonda and friends! i wish i could have done more to help. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

The software rejected any photos that it considered too low-res. So everything that made it in, was at least considered OK by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ordered my book last night.. so excited to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

RoryW wrote: »
    A few have replied wondering if I am the person in Baz's photo (one of the many great photos in the preview section) )

could be ;) - its an anonymous face -

on another note , the layout looks great , the one beside mine fits wel - nice flow to the whole thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

yes! :D

Advertisement