Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Just bought 3 of them as xmas presents and a big thanks to the people that made it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Excellent and I like the idea that folks from all walks of life have made a contribution to the book. I just ordered it from the site and will be gifting it to some one for crimble. I ordered it direct with economy shipping cause of the recession (and Im a bit stingy) so I will let you know how long it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

hi
    do we pay for the book online or wait on details and pay for it here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

it's fourth in the best sellers! :D

heres something i threw together,hope it may be of some use,would have liked a ssf logo to put on it but couldnt find one

3005461603_5d6e8667c9_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just ordered this for a present. Thanks for all the hard work folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Moonspell

Amazing photos... Great work put together

Just got me a couple of books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Some savage photos alright, is it possible to get prints of some of these and if where and how much?

Now do I buy it for myself or as a present for the girlfriend, either way it's a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

follow link on the first page of this thread or go to blurb.com and click the best sellers - it is number 4 apparently! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

funnyname wrote: »
    Some savage photos alright, is it possible to get prints of some of these and if where and how much?

I would suggest that you PM the photographers on here & negotiate with them. Most would be more than pleased to sell you a print. The cost will depend on the individual, the size & how you want it mounted/framed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

moralproduction: Could you sneak in also the tinyurl, please?

THIS ONE OK THONDA ?

3007206292_b33ba0bd28_b.jpg

3006415513_4bfa1cb192_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Looks good on http://pix.ie/boardsbook2008 with other materials ;)

Thank you a lot.

OK, what's next? As far as I know, there will be BIG order of books in DDG (Dublin Delivery Group) and after arrival of the books, we would like to have public presentation of the book. So far it looks that it could be 28. or 29.11. I know, it is a little late, but not too late.

If you have any ideas about venues, official guests and press coverage, please, feel free to discuss it as well as the date of the official presentation of the book.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I only saw this now
    /pulls head out of arse and goes to order...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Just ordered, can't wait to see what you all came up with :) Have to admit, looking at the quality of the sample shots reinforced my decision not to submit anything - the standard was above and beyond anything I could produce! Well done, all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

I've this morning put up a notice on the electronic bulletin board of a Bank head office in Ballsbridge. Have one buyer already (she was browsing the preview last night). Will put up the notice again every day for a while.

I'm also sending a broadcast email to all staff at my office in central Dublin.

I've also printed a few copies of the image above and (with permission) will put as many as I can up around the Bank head office (there's over 4,000 people working there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

funnyname wrote: »

Maybe somebody should create a sticky where we can put up our login name relating to our picture - there's no way anybody can find out who to PM based on our names.
    Now do I buy it for myself or as a present for the girlfriend, either way it's a win.

To save you two fighting over the book, I'd suggest buying two copies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Just bought one there, thanks for the 'hpfreeshipping' code! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Oops, I missed that code. Oh well.

ThOnda and Whyulittle, you've both outdone yourselfes, Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Looks great, just ordered mine. Wish I had known about it. Maybe next year a general announcement could be made for the whole of boards.ie to see?

Or maybe you'd be swamped by photos.

• Advertisement

Only catching up with this now.The photos in the preview look absolutely stunning.Thanks to everyone involved.It's a huge credit to the organisers that such a quality piece of work could be created in such a short period of time.I'll order mine tonight,it's going to be a long wait til it arrives :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I've this morning put up a notice on the electronic bulletin board of a Bank head office in Ballsbridge. Have one buyer already (she was browsing the preview last night). Will put up the notice again every day for a while.

I'm also sending a broadcast email to all staff at my office in central Dublin.

I've also printed a few copies of the image above and (with permission) will put as many as I can up around the Bank head office (there's over 4,000 people working there).

No harm mentioning my name, since I made such an impression on so many people while I was there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

ThOnda what are the sales up to today? looking better??? Sounds like it's doing really well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm also curious what the sales are like, must print a sign and put it up here in work too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Would a beers to celebrate the book be out of the question? *looks for any excuse*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

81 books sold, making €405 for SSF. That is before the bulk Dublin buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I've never waited for pay day like this!!! As soon as the money is in the bank i can order my copies!!!!

The book is an amazing piece of work, all involved should be very proud and well done to ThOnda and whyulittle and everyone else for all the work they put in!

Hopefully it will raise some money for a great cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

whyulittle wrote: »
    81 books sold, making €405 for SSF. That is before the bulk Dublin buy.

That's great! And it's only on sale since last weekend! yeah:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Would it be an idea to contact Martin King, the TV3 Weatherman, to see if he might plug it? He has the Photo's with the weather each night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

CabanSail wrote: »
    Would it be an idea to contact Martin King, the TV3 Weatherman, to see if he might plug it? He has the Photo's with the weather each night.

And he has his own book out :D We may be the competition in his eyes

Advertisement