Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Photography Year Book 2008 - order now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

CabanSail wrote: »
    Would it be an idea to contact Martin King, the TV3 Weatherman, to see if he might plug it? He has the Photo's with the weather each night.

That would be a fantastic idea!!!
    I tried to contact a few radio stations and newspapers and got no where........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

The Irish Times have a readers gallary page each Monday. They may be open to giving it over for one week?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I emailed them already during the week but i can give it another try with ref to the reader gallery?
    Also if ppl could send in emails to their local town papers ie douglas post...
    I can't imagine them being too fussy as there usually sent free to every home:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Email sent to Martin King

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Oh and I just noticed, my book shipped yesterday! *rubs hands together*

It had been estimated to ship 10/11, so I'd check your own date as well to see if it is on its way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Covey wrote: »
    The Irish Times have a readers gallary page each Monday. They may be open to giving it over for one week?

good idea , and PC Live or getting in touch with Google might be another idea to get a plug somehow to the large online community , and show what can happen on the old interweb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I don't buy photography magazines, but it could be also interesting article to fill half a page...
    Just an idea for subscribers ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Would anyone be able to print out some Posters & ask to have them put up in Camera Shops?

We have to create "printer friendly" posters first - a little less colour. And meybe even BW version for poorer offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

I can't wait to get my hands on the book! I've already cleared the coffee table in anticipation.

Thanks again to ThOnda and whyulittle for all the hard work as well as all the other volunteers along the way. It's an impressive feat to get it all together in such a short time frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

IF ANYONE THINKS MY LAST EFFORTS AT THE POSTERS WERE OK ILL HAVE A BASH AT SOME BLACK AND WHITE ONES ?

sorry caps lock on

has anybody got a santas strike force logo ?

Yep, we have SSF logo. I am trying to upload all materials to the http://pix.ie/boardsbook2008.
    Well, I should go from work now....

3011199568_809c6d63b4_b.jpg

3011199062_ce3b0f79ed_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

just to augment whats already put up for posters/banners etc
    I've uploaded an A4 size poster than peeps can print out themselves - its also available should anyone want it in Adobe Acrobat format as well - keep up the good work and spread the word!!
    :)

nice job fionn
    Fionn wrote: »
    just to augment whats already put up for posters/banners etc
    I've uploaded an A4 size poster than peeps can print out themselves - its also available should anyone want it in Adobe Acrobat format as well - keep up the good work and spread the word!!
    :)

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Fair play to everyone to everyone who put in the effort to put the book together; I can't wait to get mine

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We've sold 85 copies already with €425 profit for SSF being raised and we havent put in the major orders yet (like Dublin, which goes in next week). Everything considered, thats a hellova total already. To put that in context, I can buy two Wii's and build/refit a small library for that cash. Thanks to everyone involved.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

DeVore wrote: »
    We've sold 85 copies already with €425 profit for SSF being raised and we havent put in the major orders yet (like Dublin, which goes in next week). Everything considered, thats a hellova total already. To put that in context, I can buy two Wii's and build/refit a small library for that cash. Thanks to everyone involved.

DeV.

That's brilliant so far!
    Good to hear the money's going to a good cause,
    and i'm sure everyone would like to hear where their money eventually goes DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

The Dublin group will add another 45, yes FORTY FIVE, books to the number sold!

When the order is placed we should be able to estimate the delivery day and organise some sort of a launch. Will we try to push the boat out for it and make it a big night?

• Advertisement

thonda this should print fine a6,if there are any typos or mistakes please let me know,om only in after a long night out on the beer

im busy tomorrow so can someone upload this into the pix album for me

many thanks Andy

3014960470_625dc682c0_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Was just about to order mine there, but blurb has some problem when I hit "add to cart", annoying or what.

I wanted to order one and have it shipped directly to my family, but payment with my Credit Card was not accepted. I don't like it.
    Therefore I am more than happy that I am in DDG ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Jus ordered mine, hope it went through ok, it said that my order was completed but I used a 3v card, so I hope it worked.

Well done everyone by the way, can't wait to see the finished product ! ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Just ordered mine as a Christmas present for my other half, thanks to Ruu for the free shipping code. How many photos are in it ?(it says 100+ pages on my blurb order screen)

Well done to all concerned for all of your hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

To the poster makers!

Have you heard of .tk domains?
    Set up this
    http://boardsbook.tk/
    Look nicer that the tinyurl...
    You can set one up yourselves if needed just go to http://www.tk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

There are 98 splendid photos in the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

Ricky91t wrote: »
    To the poster makers!

Have you heard of .tk domains?
    Set up this
    http://boardsbook.tk/
    Look nicer that the tinyurl...
    You can set one up yourselves if needed just go to http://www.tk

I'm ahead of you on that one.

I've just set up www.boardsyearbook.org and www.boardsyearbook.com to redirect to the blurb page.

If we do this again next year we can have a web site set up with all the details in one place (I found it very hard to keep track of the latest info in the early days).

These should be active by the end of today and I will ask the poster makers to put the new URL on the posters.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

.com and .org domains look alot better alright,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

The URLs www.boardsyearbook.org and www.boardsyearbook.com are now active and redirecting to blurb.

Advertisement