Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im new to golf

Options
  • 02-11-2008 4:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Hi im rob and i just recently started to play golf and am loving it to bits however none of my friends play so im stuck playing on my own. Im from the northside of dublin and im just wondering if anybody knows how a join a society or find people who are in the same scenario as myself so we could team up and play together. Oh by the way im crap at the mo but am getting better :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

A pub society is a good place to start.

Also head to your local pro and one good lesson will smooth the path to a good round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ibanez777vbk

Hi im rob and i just recently started to play golf and am loving it to bits however none of my friends play so im stuck playing on my own. Im from the northside of dublin and im just wondering if anybody knows how a join a society or find people who are in the same scenario as myself so we could team up and play together. Oh by the way im crap at the mo but am getting better :)
    hi rob.dont worry mate,i was in the same boat.ive just joined a club few months ago,and dont know anyone but what i found was when your playing your round theres always someone infront or behind you playing alone aswell,9 times out of 10 you end up going round with them.enjoy your golf :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 carlyb

Hi There

Am always looking for new golf buddies, I am on the northside too and try to place most sundays - not a member of a club, I just play local courses. PM if you are interested in meeting up for a game

Cheers Carl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ibanez777vbk

carlyb wrote: »
    Hi There

Am always looking for new golf buddies, I am on the northside too and try to place most sundays - not a member of a club, I just play local courses. PM if you are interested in meeting up for a game

Cheers Carl
    hi carl thanks for the offer mate but i live in newcastle england

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 atourdeforce

cheers thanks for all your help

Yea id defo be up for a game with you as i try to play every sunday too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Lots of pubs have societies.
    In most cases buying a pint makes you eligible.
    I am a member of a pub society.
    We play once a month.
    I can be great value and you get to play some good courses without the expense of a club membership.

Advertisement