Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Induction and Mod Questions

Options
  • 02-11-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys First time poster at the Mc Section.
    will be taking delivery from a Mazda 323F Glx , 1.5 Petrol non turbo
    Taking it for a test drive it certainly lacks low level punch of the 1.6 I've been driving at the moment , been looking at Induction Kits and air Filters and Chips and a whole load of things

K&N 57i INDUCTION KIT

Is this what I want? Is it easy to fit?
    or would i be looking at something more expensive to get what i want?

Any suggestions at all would be fantastic
    Thanks

Also on a related note

Xenon upgrade bulbs Mazda

would these Bulbs just slot in like normal bulbs but give me the great Xenon look , and whats the deal with HID 8k Lights

Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

porsche had a hand in the design

if youre looking for xenon go for the hids, they have to wired up but theyre not that hard
    dont bother with the bulbs

as for the induction kit what 1.6 have you been driving

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

woop wrote: »
    porsche had a hand in the design

if youre looking for xenon go for the hids, they have to wired up but theyre not that hard
    dont bother with the bulbs

as for the induction kit what 1.6 have you been driving

well its a 1.6 new Focus which has been tuned a little , Maybe its the Age 97 > 03 , But I missed that little bit of punch,

Any example of a decent HID kit? expensive? road legal?

well its got around 15bhp more so like youre never going to have the same power from it, Id say its heavier aswell so...............just have to strip it so:)

theres single and dual beam kits..........bout 200 I seen a guy selling them on a few forums with good deals

woop wrote: »
    well its got around 15bhp more so like youre never going to have the same power from it, Id say its heavier aswell so...............just have to strip it so:)

theres single and dual beam kits..........bout 200 I seen a guy selling them on a few forums with good deals

So an induction Kit or Turbo wouldnt Help much?

Thanks

papu wrote: »
    So an induction Kit or Turbo wouldnt Help much?

Thanks
    ye a turbo would help:Dbut thatd be mad money-forged internal etc.
    not worth it

induction kit and a de-cat might help you, might make it a bit more "peppy" rev easier but its up to yourself, wont see that much gain..........Ive heard on certain cars an induction kit can decrease power but sure if you want to do it, go for it!
    itd sound better anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Unfortunatley they're not know for their tuning capabilities, of course strapping a turbo to anything will give it a kick but it generally isn't a bolt on and go experience.

Regarding HIDs, some people from the FTO-Ireland forum got these and are impressed, cost a shade under €50 and delivered in around 10 days http://tinyurl.com/6a5v72

If you're set on an induction kit you'll probably need a decent exhaust to break even hp wise.

If you haven't bought yet maybe go for something different?

alright thanks , I'd definatly be able to live with it ,I Was only just wondering , those Lights look good alright I'll check them out
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

papu wrote: »
    Hey Guys First time poster at the Mc Section.
    will be taking delivery from a Mazda 323F Glx , 1.5 Petrol non turbo
    Taking it for a test drive it certainly lacks low level punch of the 1.6 I've been driving at the moment , been looking at Induction Kits and air Filters and Chips and a whole load of things

K&N 57i INDUCTION KIT

Is this what I want? Is it easy to fit?
    or would i be looking at something more expensive to get what i want?

Any suggestions at all would be fantastic
    Thanks

Also on a related note

Xenon upgrade bulbs Mazda

would these Bulbs just slot in like normal bulbs but give me the great Xenon look , and whats the deal with HID 8k Lights

Thanks again

induction kit you will only Really feel in your wallet.

if you had a larger displacement ( 2.0 with a decent turbo or 2.5 n/a ) then you would certinly feel it but Imo your cars just going to drink fuel, you Might get 1... 2 hp but nothing Crazy like everyone braggs about.

as for the bulbs: most are legal, once their in lineand you can afford them by all means.

Brilliant purchase if you liver in outer urban areas but you Will blind people at night so low beam only... high people when need.... i.e to express your hate for a taxi driver who cut you off. )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

Induction kits on any low level and even some high level engines i.e 2.0ltr are pointless. The placement of these in the high in the engine bay is pointless. All its doing is sucking in hot air from your engine and slumping your performance. An uprated panel filter from a good brand is what most cars need. But this "induction kit = 50 bhp increase" is bull imo. Induction kit, well sectioned from the engine or low down in the bay is the only way it can work to its potential.

Induction kits on any low level and even some high level engines i.e 2.0ltr are pointless. The placement of these in the high in the engine bay is pointless. All its doing is sucking in hot air from your engine and slumping your performance. An uprated panel filter from a good brand is what most cars need. But this "induction kit = 50 bhp increase" is bull imo. Induction kit, well sectioned from the engine or low down in the bay is the only way it can work to its potential.

what about the one I linked with the cold air intake?

whats an example of of an "uprated panel filter"? how would that help?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Wheres the link?
    Cold intake is usually lower in the car, i.e. around foglamp height. Then your risking your car to get waterlocked in times of flooding. A panel air filter will work the same way as a factory one, except might give your car a bit more breathing, but no matter what you choose isnt going to give your car a huge performance boost. You might see a little difference with a new panel filter.

Wheres the link?
    Cold intake is usually lower in the car, i.e. around foglamp height. Then your risking your car to get waterlocked in times of flooding. A panel air filter will work the same way as a factory one, except might give your car a bit more breathing, but no matter what you choose isnt going to give your car a huge performance boost. You might see a little difference with a new panel filter.

K&N cold air induction
    this is the air filter you were talking about?
    K&n air filter

what im saying is , if you simply replace your old filter with that, i.e. no box etc. then it will be pointless. All it will do is suck in hot, less dense air and you will experience a loss in power.

what im saying is , if you simply replace your old filter with that, i.e. no box etc. then it will be pointless. All it will do is suck in hot, less dense air and you will experience a loss in power.

so this
    High Flow Air filter
    will replace the stock air filter in the Box and give me a little bit of a boost? , Or does it replace the Box aswell?

sorry if i'm making no sense ..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

S.I.R wrote: »
    as for the bulbs: most are legal, once their in lineand you can afford them by all means.

Brilliant purchase if you liver in outer urban areas but you Will blind people at night so low beam only... high people when need.... i.e to express your hate for a taxi driver who cut you off. )

The 323f has projector type headlights, so HID's shouldn't cause problems.

it will replace it , IN the box, i.e. open up box, take out stock one, slip in the kn one and away you go. Im not too sure about boost but it might give it some, although dont expect anything crazy!

it will replace it , IN the box, i.e. open up box, take out stock one, slip in the kn one and away you go. Im not too sure about boost but it might give it some, although dont expect anything crazy!

drat was gonna set that an go racing :rolleyes::D

Thanks again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Forget turbo as comp, injection, fuel pump, and internals need doing.

But!....maybe a small rotrex supercharger + relatively inexpensive kit!!! ;) actually it's quite a job but give decent gains even on stock internals.

or you could always try an electric hairdryer from ebay :D

and try to get a superchip in with the deal!!

Oh, wait, no, definitely, no, don't do that!

Stick with the panel filter and enjoy driving the car for the sake of driving :)

Advertisement