Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazilian Gp and end of the Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Yes indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm lovin it, Lewis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

NOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Trampas

:mad:

he is so lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

CAnbnot believe GLOCK slowed

So disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

hamilton won it in the end. Brits will never shut up about this

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OH MY GOD!!!!! WHAT A ****ING INCREDIBLE FINISH TO A SEASON!!!! The tension, the drama. ****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

P.S. He did not deserve to win it at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Glock lost 18s on the last lap :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

WOW! Heart in mouth stuff.....Crowd booing....Not nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bollocks. God ****ing damn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What the hell happened to Glock?

Shocked by the ending of that - absolutely shocked, and I wonder if they were be an inquiry over it. Considering he had been well on the pace right up to the last lap despite the tyres to lose 18 seconds is shocking.

Delighted Hamilton won, but big question marks over the manner.

younge wrote: »
    hamilton won it in the end. Brits will never shut up about this

And you would expect them do what exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Trampas wrote: »
    :mad:

he is so lucky

Boll0x!

Im not a hamilton fan, in fact I was screaming at the tele for Massa to win this, I dont like Hamilton at all but that is pure bollox.

He was up there last year and he won it this year fair and square. Cant say Im happy but he deserves credit. Fair play to him.

Amazing race once again proving just how great F1 can be. Its been just a tremendous season, some amazing races and some exceptional performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hamilton is a jammy swine.

I can't believe that.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

younge wrote: »
    P.S. He did not deserve to win it at all!

why not - he ammassed more points then Massa, despite some poor FIA rulings (Massa only getting a fine for the pit incident)

• Advertisement

Glock stayed out on the dry tyres and almost made it, it just was a lap too much at the end.

Truth is this race would have been irrelevant but for FIA 'interference'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Heartbreaking for Massa's family.

The thought he'd won it. They were jumping around in the garage and then they suddenly realised what happened. Feel so sorry for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

juvenal wrote: »
    Glock lost 18s on the last lap :eek:

Commentater said he lost it on the dry tyres and spun it

Glock's time for the last lap was the same as everyone else on dry tires, so it's hard to criticise him. Though I hope he doesn't get a drive for next year. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Babybing wrote: »
    Heartbreaking for Massa's family.

The thought he'd won it. They were jumping around in the garage and then they suddenly realised what happened. Feel so sorry for them.

It was laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Ye people on this forum is as bad as the people at the track booing....
    in fact im disgusted..

he won the F1 championship... its not one race but did the best of 22 people to make it out on top....

hard luck to massa..

Massa - what an anticlimax for him. Great win, and he couldn't have done more, but you have to feel for him - on the top of the podium but he's the bridesmaid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

kensutz wrote: »
    It was laughable.

Yeah, I thought it was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Ah watching Massa on top of that podium is heartbreaking. I'm sure he just wants to be out of there ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Feel sorry for massa but such an exciting end to a season. Can't believe Glock spun though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

GET IN.

Good job Lewis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Unreal finish to the race, i'm happy Lewis won it. :)

The commentators didn't know what was going on for a minute :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

:eek:
    I call shennanigans on Glock losing the place :pac:

darkskol wrote: »
    Feel sorry for massa but such an exciting end to a season. Can't believe Glock spun though :(

I'm fairly sure he didn't, I had the live timing and his last lap was the same as the rest of the dry-tyre runners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ill say it again... that was quite simply the best 5 laps of racing ive ever seen in the 14 years i've been watching it.... amazing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can believe the reaction. You have to say though, What an EPIC end to the season. F1 is truly back on the map now. To think a world championship win being decided in such a way after pitstops 6 laps from the end, losing 5th like that so cheaply so close to the end, losing the pace on Vettel for the last two laps and then out of nowhere Glock, some would say a bit player this season, decided who wins the world championship.
    Absolute heartbreak for Massa, when his family thought he had won, to see them celebrate like that and then have it all take away was gutting. But the same for Hamilton's side. His family thought he had lost it at the death too. Classic stuff and the reason why I love f1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Wow, incredible finish.

My gf was even getting into it.

Heartbreaking for Massa.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

the face on luis massa's face when he'd realized glock had fallen back and hamilton won the championship... most dramatic sporting moment of the year, and indeed, a long time

I have to say, I was rooting for Hamilton ever so slightly, but I wouldn't have been upset if Massa had won.

Massa did as much as he could do, and drove a great race and won in his home GP - massive kudos to him. He's a fine talent and will be competing for WCs for the next few years. He could have won today, and he can be very proud of himself, if he had won the WC today no-one could have said that he didn't deserve it. Massive credit to his attitude there as well in the press conference. Seems like a top man.

Hamilton has been there for the past two seasons, and lost it on the last day last year, and had lost it with a few turns to go this season, and managed to squeeze in. Great race, and fantastic drama for the viewer. Good for him, and he's clearly a phenomenal talent. He's been one of the top drivers for the past two years since he came onto the scene, so you can say that he deserves a title.

No matter who won in the end, either of them could justifiably claim that they deserved it.

Haven't watched a full F1 race in years, but that was quality racing, and quality television for all of us armchair viewers at home. Great drama, great entertainment, and that right there is the reason we all take part in and watch sport - whatever discipline it is.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Formula 1 should be done during the winter instead. A lot more rainy races then. :D

So disapointed for Massa :(
    Really wanted him to win it. He deserved it.

poor man, tears at the podium while watching hamilton celebrate... he put on a brave face... but all credit to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

i feel sorry for massa, but i believe Hamilton deserved the championship, he is the best thing to happen in F1 for years. It was the most exciting finish ever.
    Roll on next year:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What a race!

Delighted to see Hamilton win.

Not overly impressed with the negativity on this thread although I dont visit this forum too often.

Comments about the "Brits" etc really are in poor taste.

What a fantastic sporting day. Get over yourselves and show some dignity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

unbeliveable finish delighted for lewis seems like a nice fella

That booing is poor taste.

If there was more overtaking like the last few laps F1 would have more fans.

Who are taking over from utv next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I think despite the fact he won it this race much like last season showed how much of a bottler hamilton can be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Can believe the reaction. You have to say though, What an EPIC end to the season. F1 is truly back on the map now. To think a world championship win being decided in such a way after pitstops 6 laps from the end, losing 5th like that so cheaply so close to the end, losing the pace on Vettel for the last two laps and then out of nowhere Glock, some would say a bit player this season, decided who wins the world championship.
    Absolute heartbreak for Massa, when his family thought he had won, to see them celebrate like that and then have it all take away was gutting. But the same for Hamilton's side. His family thought he had lost it at the death too. Classic stuff and the reason why I love f1.
    +1 brilliant end to the season, I just wish it had gone the other way. Interlagos is way better than Suzuka or Shanghai of the as the last date of the season, it's way more unpredictable.
    Massa did all he could, it was always going to be events outside of his control that decided things on the day. Can't wait for next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

What would happen if they both ended up with 98 points? Do they split 1st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 FestivalFox

:eek:
    I call shennanigans on Glock losing the place :pac:

Your right, He had 15 seconds in the bag on the last lap. He definitlty got the call from toyota. I'm gutted for massa. Hamilton wouldn't even talk to his own countrys tv coverage after the race. Arrogant prick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

[HTML]Comments about the "Brits" etc really are in poor taste.
    [/HTML]
    +1 if we had a world champion we would shout about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

mad m wrote: »
    Think it goes to the person with the most victories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

massa wins due to number of race victories

No Massa would have won it if they were on the same points as he had more wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Massa would have won having won more races.

• Advertisement
Advertisement