Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazilian Gp and end of the Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Your right, He had 15 seconds in the bag on the last lap. He definitlty got the call from toyota. I'm gutted for massa. Hamilton wouldn't even talk to his own countrys tv coverage after the race. Arrogant prick

You don't know what you're talking about. He was overcome with emotion and unable to speak. Cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I dont think you can call him a bottler the weather conditions in the last 5 laps dictated everything.

I am delighted for Lewis.

For Massa he shouldnt have been even fighting for championship in this race, only for FIA intervention through out the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Does anyone think that it was stupid that Hamilton hasnt been presented with the F1 championship trophy on the stage?

Seems like a huge anticlimax and he hasnt been interviewed yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Your right, He had 15 seconds in the bag on the last lap. He definitlty got the call from toyota. I'm gutted for massa. Hamilton wouldn't even talk to his own countrys tv coverage after the race. Arrogant prick

Cop on will you? It was a scrum He`d just won the world championship in the most dramatic fashion ever.

Hes talking to them now if you are bothered.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

no did dident..

he spent 2 hours in the car and as he said needed a drink and a sit down.. and as you can see on itv now the media get very pushy.. and they were all gunning for him if he dident get out of there as he did he would be still there...

i dont see the point in trying to tell people the truth tho.. you will all ways think glock slowed down and that halilton shouldent of won...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

seems like a nice fella

Sweet Lord are you for real?
    The guy is an arrogant prick.

Exciting finish but i detect some dodgy goings on from Glock and Toyota who handed the title to arrogant hamilton.
    I visit quite a few F1 and motorsport forums and ive never seen a driver so hated before in my life.

yayamark wrote: »
    Does anyone think that it was stupid that Hamilton hasnt been presented with the F1 championship trophy on the stage?

Seems like a huge anticlimax and he hasnt been interviewed yet.
    Ya I dont think giving Lewis the title in front of a wounded Brazilian crowd would have been a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

****. Is there any chance a mod could sticky the fact that Glock's last lap was the same time as the rest of the dry-tyre runners. Christ above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 FestivalFox

Mena wrote: »
    You don't know what you're talking about. He was overcome with emotion and unable to speak. Cop on.

Yeah right, He just wanted to get back to his garage to see the team, the media caught him before that and he wouldn't say a few words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

How many Formula1 World Championships have you won? How would you know what's going through his head, he's just out of a car after a long race, even had trouble putting the steering wheel back on and is instantly mobbed. What would you have done?

• Advertisement

Bill wrote: »
    Ya I dont think giving Lewis the title in front of a wounded Brazilian crowd would have been a good idea.
    Goodbye ITV , hello the Beeb, F1's true home.

the media were being too pushy, I definiltely agree with that

anto-t wrote: »
    no did dident..

he spent 2 hours in the car and as he said needed a drink and a sit down.. and as you can see on itv now the media get very pushy.. and they were all gunning for him if he dident get out of there as he did he would be still there...

i dont see the point in trying to tell people the truth tho.. you will all ways think glock slowed down and that halilton shouldent of won...

I've never seen Lewis need a sit down after any other race he drove in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

the media were being too pushy, I definiltely agree with that
    I'm sorry but when you've just won the world championship the media own you. You havn't just won it, your country has just won it. Luckily enough his over bareing parent was there to push them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He won, FestivalFox, dry your tears and get over it.

What a bloody finish to the race/season....... Madness!

Fair play to Massa, he showed alot of dignity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Dcully wrote: »

Exciting finish but i detect some dodgy goings on from Glock and Toyota who handed the title to arrogant hamilton.
    I visit quite a few F1 and motorsport forums and ive never seen a driver so hated before in my life.

Real as it gets pal. Watched him interviewed many times and comes accross as a genuine fella with the world at his feet delighted for him.

Just because it says it in a forum on the internet doesnt mean its true :rolleyes:

**** em he's the champion and should be presented with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

[HTML]Your right, He had 15 seconds in the bag on the last lap. He definitlty got the call from toyota. I'm gutted for massa. Hamilton wouldn't even talk to his own countrys tv coverage after the race. Arrogant prick[/HTML]

stupid comment, just checked the lap times for slicks, if you watched the clip anyone could tell he needed some time after that finish, cop on to yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

If I just won the F1 world championship I would need a lie down, never mind a sit down..

Well this is the first one hes finished as world champion.

Some of you people are unbeliveable.

Hes an arrogant prick,all the Fi forums say so. It was a dodgy finish. FFS.

Glad I dont frequent here too often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

any driver who podiums gets a good break before the interviews , and no one wants to talk to the other drivers, it's not a normal situation that everyone want to talk to place 5...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

adox wrote: »

I think the feeling is mutual.

Dave! wrote: »
    He won, FestivalFox, dry your tears and get over it.

What a bloody finish to the race/season....... Madness!

Fair play to Massa, he showed alot of dignity

Your right Dave. Drying them now. Ooh god I won't be able to look at sky news for the next week

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Goodbye ITV , hello the Beeb, F1's true home.

Absolutely true. No ad breaks for a start!
    Nobody was robbed today. It sucks for Massa and his family but Hamilton did deserve that win. Oh what a season.

New top gear on at 8 and all.
    Get in there Hamilton! You know I was lucky enough to be at the opener in Melbourne and see Hamilton win there. Just fantastic to see this season end like this. What an incredible spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

boo ****ing hoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ignore the haters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I dont like Hamilton, but there's no doubt he deserved it. To have lost it with that rainshower at the end, on a countback of wins etc after all the stewards shenanigans earlier in the year would have been terrible, both for him and for the integrity of the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Best race ever. A well deserved win for Hamilton. Massa was really unlucky but he'll be back next year.
    Hes an arrogant prick,all the Fi forums say so.

Well if the other forums say so, then he must be! :rolleyes:

So are we. kthxbyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

In fairness even most british F1 fans thinks hes an arrogant prick and hate him, he's just not a very likeable person, simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I'm gritting my teeth here but congrats to hamilton. I jumped the moment massa passed the finishline, only to fall back when heard , my internetscreen went black i had only sound, Glock spun and gave back 5th place to hamilton. As massa said he did all he could to win the title but it was up to hamilton to loose it. In the end it was up to Glock. I won't be cheering for him for a long time.;)

As for the WC throphy it is handed over to the champion on a FIA night in Monaco, where all the FIA champions are hounered.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Best race ever. A well deserved win for Hamilton. Massa was really unlucky but he'll be back next year.

Well if the other forums say so, then he must be! :rolleyes:

I was actually quoting other posters and giving out about them if you bothered to read the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Well going by the your post above you need to work on how you quote people.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Well going by the your post above you need to work on how you quote people.

Well maybe if you read threads before posting on them there wouldnt have been any confusion.

I`ll edit my post as you noticed it. Shame you didnt notice the rest of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Well this is the first one hes finished as world champion.

Some of you people are unbeliveable.

Hes an arrogant prick,all the Fi forums say so. It was a dodgy finish. FFS.

If its on an internet forum it must be true He is a young good looking guy, rich, world champion, stunning gf. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

I'm glad you don't either.

Huggles wrote: »
    If its on an internet forum it must be true He is a young good looking guy, rich, world champion, stunning gf. Jealousy is a terrible thing.
    Dcully wrote: »

I was paraphrasing the likes of the above post and disagreeing with them. I should have quoted directly or at least put my last sentance in inverted commas to make it more clear. Apologies for the confusion.

If people read through the whole thread they would see I was delighted that Hamilton won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

LOL ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Jeepers when you think of the arrogance of some of the young half-wits you'd come across driving Fiestas and Starlets in day-to-day life, compare that to, as stated above, a young, good looking, rich world champion racing driver who's been groomed by one of motor racing's top teams since he was a kid. If he's arrogant, I hardly think it should be a surprise. Given all of that, I think he's probably not the worst. He came across very well on Top Gear.

If nothing else, at least he's got something to be arrogant about. Cast your memory back to a young Ralf Schumacher who was said to be so arrogant that even Michael noticed - and not much to show for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

McLaren almost cost hamilton the championship with a way too cautious approach to the gp. Fare play to him he deserves it but he should have been fighting for 3rd. Massa was very unlucky and has been the best driver this season only for poor Ferrari reliability to cost him.

Role on next year with the new regs (Hopefully the FIA wont **** them up)

I think you misunderstood me, I am defending Hamilton, I too think he came across v well on Top Gear. I have a lot of time for him.

I was highlighting the reasons why "British and other F1 fans seem to hate him"

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Speaking of arrogance Alonso is surely king of arrogance no?
    Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Jeepers when you think of the arrogance of some of the young half-wits you'd come across driving Fiestas and Starlets in day-to-day life, compare that to, as stated above, a young, good looking, rich world champion racing driver who's been groomed by one of motor racing's top teams since he was a kid. If he's arrogant, I hardly think it should be a surprise. Given all of that, I think he's probably not the worst. He came across very well on Top Gear.

If nothing else, at least he's got something to be arrogant about. Cast your memory back to a young Ralf Schumacher who was said to be so arrogant that even Michael noticed - and not much to show for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

Oh come on! He looks like an effeminate alien!

Shmuck wrote: »

Speaking for the layyyydeeeeeeees, hes very good looking.

• Advertisement

I think you misunderstood me, I am defending Hamilton, I too think he came across v well on Top Gear. I have a lot of time for him.

I was highlighting the reasons why "British and other F1 fans seem to hate him"

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Speaking of arrogance Alonso is surely king of arrogance no?

+1

I hate Alonso equally, due to his antics last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

For all you Ferrari fans :D
    a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,958 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I said before that i dont really care who wins the drivers championship, I only really cared about Ferrari getting the constructors,but when i saw Massa in the car in parc ferme drying his eyes like that,my heart dropped,the most genuine guy in F1 gets the unluckiest break ever.

You deserve it on Merit Massa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Shmuck wrote: »
    Well if he can get a girlfriend like this, I'll take his "effeminate alien" looks any day :)

nicole-scherzinger-picture-6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Alun wrote: »
    Well if he can get a girlfriend like this, I'll take his "effeminate alien" looks any day :)

nicole-scherzinger-picture-6.jpg

It doesnt take looks to get a girlfriend like that.. Just a huge big fat bank account ... I mean.. Look at some of the chicks Flavio pulled :rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

dobsdave wrote: »
    Truth is this race would have been irrelevant but for FIA 'interference'
    I dont think you can call him a bottler the weather conditions in the last 5 laps dictated everything.

I am delighted for Lewis.

For Massa he shouldnt have been even fighting for championship in this race, only for FIA intervention through out the season.

There must be a lot of people watching F1 for the first time by the above comments. A lot of new faces in here today.

What happened at Spa was justified, if you break the rules you get penalised.

With regards to Massa, saying that he was not deserving of the World title is ridiculous. Were it not for two mistakes out of his control with the pitstop error in Singapore and engine failure with two laps to go in Hungary he would have had the championship won before today and 8 wins to Hamiltons 5.

You could also add Monaco to that number as his mistakes there in the wet have now been proven to be the fault of the car, which has only been recently rectified.
    So you could say McClaren deserved it more than Ferrari. But Hamilton did'nt deserve it more than Massa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Catcher86 wrote: »
    There must be a lot of people watching F1 for the first time by the above comments. A lot of new faces in here today.

What happened at Spa was justified, if you break the rules you get penalised.

With regards to Massa, saying that he was not deserving of the World title is ridiculous. Were it not for two mistakes out of his control with the pitstop error in Singapore and engine failure with two laps to go in Hungary he would have had the championship won before today and 8 wins to Hamiltons 5.

You could also add Monaco to that number as his mistakes there in the wet have now been proven to be the fault of the car, which has only been recently rectified.
    So you could say McClaren deserved it more than Ferrari. But Hamilton did'nt deserve more than Massa.

You could also add Silverstone and Monza to that had Ferrari sorted their wet weather issue sooner
    So Massa would have wiped the floor with Hamilton a lot sooner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Hamilton only deserves the WC by the fact he gathered more points over the season. As stated above and by Martin Brundle, Lewis didn't have the mechical faults that Massa had. Massa won more races and was more dominant despite have a team mate take wins/points off him unlike the bottler hamilton has on his team.

Unlike most I don't think Massa has anymore championships in him. I think this was his best chance. Kimi, Alonso and Kubica will be a lot stronger next year and Hamilton will be there too, unfortunetly.

Pity noone threw a brick at James Allen when he unveiled that flag, what was he thinking, moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Pity noone threw a brick at James Allen when he unveiled that flag, what was he thinking, moron.

It was Ted Kravitz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

To paraphrase Basil Fawlty "Don't mention Spa". That saga has been gone through from every angle and should be left alone now.

As for the race, well it did what all sport is supposed to do. It entertained. I was sure that when it rained before the start that Felipe was doomed but as I said in previous threads, he is the most improved driver of the year and drove brilliantly to-day.

I've been watching F1 for nearly 30 years but while titles have often been decided in the final race (Did ITV viewers see Bernie "jokingly" taking the credit for that), I cannot remember such a dramatic end to a championship. I think Lewis did not drive his natural race. He has gotten so much hassle recently about having to drive a more cautious race that when he did, it almost cost him the title.

Note to Bernie: Rain during races at good old-fashioned tracks : GOOD
    No rain at boring tracks in Spain or Middle East :BAD

Finally, will all the Hamilton-hate brigade find another forum to use and leave Boards for the genuine F1 fan. Criticism is one thing, but out-and-out hatred of someone because they are either cocky, fast-tracked to success, British, black or whatever reason is wrong.

Advertisement