Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC insurance problem.

Options
  • 02-11-2008 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Im looking for some advice on a problem I have. I bought a laptop from Pc World a two years ago. I bought the extra five year insurance. I have moved house since however and for the life of me cant find the receipt or insurance policy.
    Last week I dropped the laptop getting out of the car and now the screen does not work. Luckily the insurance covers accidental damage. I know the exact date I bought the Laptop. What are my rights without a copy of the receipt or policy? Any suggestions as to what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

If you ring your insurance company they should have the details or even PC world

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

You just need to go back to the store, if you paid credit card try get your statement to find the exact date, your surname and approx date purchased should be all they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

All you need is the date of purchase, know what branch it bought in and the exact model number of the laptop (normally on the underside but it would be best to bring it in).

With this they should be able to find it and print you out another copy.

It can sometimes take a while, cause the systems are pretty slow, so try to avoid going in at the weekend.

Advertisement