Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power unit very hot on laminate

• 02-11-2008 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I have a laminate wood floor and the power unit for my PC is on it and gets very hot. What could i put under the power unit? Tried a magazine but it got hot and worry in case of fire when I am out tho I doubt it would get that hot

Anyone got/solve that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

My old Zyxel prestige modem used to get scarily hot, i sat it on top of a mirror i found around the house for peace of mind, last time i checked mirrors don't go on fire easily!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Usually the power units are located at the top of the PC case. Are you lying it flat on the ground or standing it up.

A power supply should never get that hot! are the fans working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Laptop Power Supply? I like the Mirror idea, but if its getting that hot (is it bubbling the sticker/label?) I think you might be entitled to replacement under warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Hi guys

yes it is a laptop should have said, sorry. I put a spare sample tile I got for the bathroom underneath it.The floor is still warm under it tho. No it was not bubbling the label, as someone asked

alansweeney100: is the floor warm under the mirror?

Thanks;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Overheal wrote: »
    I think you might be entitled to replacement under warranty.

THis is probably true. is it still under warranty. you could call the manufacturer and ask is it normal for it to be this hot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

I have a laminate wood floor and the power unit for my PC is on it and gets very hot. What could i put under the power unit? Tried a magazine but it got hot and worry in case of fire when I am out tho I doubt it would get that hot

Anyone got/solve that?

you mean the battery on the laptop, if your under warranty then yes call whoever you purchased it from , with the recent history of batterys going on fire then im sure they should look after you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone got/solve that?

Why not get one of the laptop cooler pads?

Aluminum alloy lo-noise notebook cooler powered directly from the notebook. Its stylish and strong aluminum alloy body gives a distinctive appearance. The sloping ergonomically designed cooler ensures comfortable keyboard operation.

Have a look HERE

I'm sure they can be got much cheaper from Fleabay but the quality might suffer.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Why not get one of the laptop cooler pads?

Aluminum alloy lo-noise notebook cooler powered directly from the notebook. Its stylish and strong aluminum alloy body gives a distinctive appearance. The sloping ergonomically designed cooler ensures comfortable keyboard operation.

Have a look HERE

I'm sure they can be got much cheaper from Fleabay but the quality might suffer.

-
    To clarify it is a laptop computer and it is not the cpu or battery getting hot but the power adapter. There is a power cable plugged into the laptop on my desk and a power adapter on the floor between pc and wall plug. It is the adapter getting hot and is on a laminate floor. I put it on a tile and it helps. Thanks all

To clarify it is a laptop computer and it is not the cpu or battery getting hot but the power adapter. There is a power cable plugged into the laptop on my desk and a power adapter on the floor between pc and wall plug. It is the adapter getting hot and is on a laminate floor. I put it on a tile and it helps. Thanks all
    PS I do not like komplette because they do not take laser. when they do i will buy from them.If they cared about customersw they would take laser and i find this don't take laser a bit arrogant from all who don't.3v too much hassle and to xpensive

Advertisement